What's new

The Irishman, to be released by Criterion (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
While I personallyI have zero interest in The Irishman and a screener copy I received remains unwatched, the fact that Criterion is releasing Netflix titles like Roma and The Irishman gives me hope that the excellent Marriage Story will also get a Criterion release.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
While I personallyI have zero interest in The Irishman and a screener copy I received remains unwatched, the fact that Criterion is releasing Netflix titles like Roma and The Irishman gives me hope that the excellent Marriage Story will also get a Criterion release.
It is. They announced four titles being released by Criterion.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Hooray! I’ll blind buy this. Keep up the excellent work, Criterion! :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is good news, but sorta expected. Not to sound ungrateful, but it sure would be nice if Netflix would also allow OKJA, MUDBOUND, BUSTER SCRUGGS and a dozen other highly-rated productions to see the light of Blu-ray, especially since they have all been streaming for quite a while..

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Not surprised by this announcement since many of his are already released but Parasite hopefully will get Criterion treatment one day. By far the best film of the year imho- a true original.

Mark VH

Second Unit
This is good news, but sorta expected. Not to sound ungrateful, but it sure would be nice if Netflix would also allow OKJA, MUDBOUND, BUSTER SCRUGGS and a dozen other highly-rated productions to see the light of Blu-ray, especially since they have all been streaming for quite a while..

Yeah, I'm honestly kind of surprised that Buster Scruggs didn't get picked up since Criterion have issued several Coen Bros. films previously.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Criterion has never done a UHD release up to this point, including for Netflix's "Roma."

Although a change is certainly possible...

That would require serious changes to Criterion's niche market which so far doesn't accommodate 4k. Should also mention that Criterion announced they were jumping on the blu-ray bandwagon five months before they released anything. So far its radio silence.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
And THE IRISHMAN will probably be a while in coming, as Netflix is undoubtedly still profiting from streaming it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks