What's new

Vava 4K UST Laser projector (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well it is official,
the 3D update is finally coming (about 1:35 into the video)

And I love what the company says about the possibility of making the white unit black with a cover solution. They are taking all the right steps for customer satisfaction. From price point, to continued updating of the feature set.
The reviews have been very positive so far..

And it looks like it is apples to oranges in a shootout against the Otoma P1.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m not at all familiar with this model but would love to hear your thoughts on it when you’ve got it up and running!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
https://www.projectorreviews.com/vava/vava-4k-uhd-laser-tv-the-ust-projector-for-the-family-summary/

Unboxing:

I think I'm going for it. I would appreciate what anyone has to say about this projector. I plan on buying it in a week or two.

Thanks.

I am space challenged and now have an Optima 1080p Darbee in order to get the screen size I want in the space I have. I have been looking at the Vava as well for when I get ready to upgrade. I too would be very interested in your thoughts.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, I'm still in the process of selling some items on E-Bay to purchase this. Taking a bit longer than anticipated.

I will certainly make a video of what it is like when I get it.
Sorry about the wait.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Hey guys, I'm still in the process of selling some items on E-Bay to purchase this. Taking a bit longer than anticipated.

I will certainly make a video of what it is like when I get it.
Sorry about the wait.
You mean you want to pay for it when you get it. Why that's unAmerican.
Whenever you get there.
Cheers!

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I just had the LG UST laser projector installed in my house last week. Still working on the sound system in that room so haven’t watched it too much, but the 4K HDR picture is pretty sweet. Still need to dig out my blue filter so I can get the SDR colors right. They are too red out of the box.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I just had the LG UST laser projector installed in my house last week. Still working on the sound system in that room so haven’t watched it too much, but the 4K HDR picture is pretty sweet. Still need to dig out my blue filter so I can get the SDR colors right. They are too red out of the box.
Sounds great. Updates when you have them.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Took some careful alignment to get the screen geometry right, but I was happy after about an hour of messing with it. After exploring all of the presets, we were able to get the colors dialed in with minimal nudging.

We have mostly been playing Animal Crossing on the Switch. The picture is bright enough that we can enjoy the game even in a bright room. Also is fine for basic TV. When watching movies, we put down the blinds for better contrast. I’m very happy with the projector at this point.

If there is one thing for us to watch out for, it is whether the tensioning on the screen will hold while going in and out of the cartridge. We have noticed some ripples in the bottom 20% of the screen which are easily fixable with some manual adjustment, but I’ll probably be giving SI a call to see if this is expected or should be addressed.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Took some careful alignment to get the screen geometry right, but I was happy after about an hour of messing with it. After exploring all of the presets, we were able to get the colors dialed in with minimal nudging.

We have mostly been playing Animal Crossing on the Switch. The picture is bright enough that we can enjoy the game even in a bright room. Also is fine for basic TV. When watching movies, we put down the blinds for better contrast. I’m very happy with the projector at this point.

If there is one thing for us to watch out for, it is whether the tensioning on the screen will hold while going in and out of the cartridge. We have noticed some ripples in the bottom 20% of the screen which are easily fixable with some manual adjustment, but I’ll probably be giving SI a call to see if this is expected or should be addressed.
Thanks for the update. If I might ask - did you come from another projector? Comparison. My Optima is working fine but I really have an itch to upgrade to 4K (now my wife on the other hand :O)

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
No. I’d wanted to do a projector setup for ages, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it in my house. We have no space for a dedicated theater room and I couldn’t figure a good spot for a dual purpose room. When I first read about UST projectors and ambient light rejecting screens last summer, I began to see a way. Since it also gave me an excuse to upgrade my audio system in my living room (while shifting the old audio system in here to support the new screen), the die was cast.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
As family room wall:
017a914fb4ca8676fa047f889c28d3e981213396f8.jpg

With blinds in this room closed but open in neighboring room:
010fa7a8559d64072f14d3ea34f418ce5665f8a826.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks