264029_front.jpg

June 9, 2020

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Love this film! Booty traps, truffle shuffles and One-Eyed Willies! Hope the terrific video commentary is included.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Love this film! Booty traps, truffle shuffles and One-Eyed Willies! Hope the terrific video commentary is included.

I enjoyed the commentary mainly because it's clear everyone involved hates Feldman! :rolling-smiley:

I like "Goonies" okay but always felt it was like an Indiana Jones movie made for 5-year-olds. It's fun but too dumbed down...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
very warm kid movie. brightens my day. Happy with the blu ray. got the Gremlin's 1&2, Goonies set for $6 black friday years back.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Sorry, but I thought this movie was very juvenile when I saw it in the theatre, and it’s appeal still escapes me. Despite that, when I taught media for years, every time I used the AFI list of best movies ever made, one of my high schoolers would ask why “Goonies” was not on the list!

Last year I found one of those double disc Blu rays with a movie I wanted and “Goonies” in a Walmart dump bin. I watched the movie I wanted and made a new single cover for it. Before I donated “Goonies” I decided to try it again.

My opinion had not changed at all!
I have come to the conclusion that I am just too old. I think it became a beloved movie of childhood for people who were at the right age. I guess I remind myself of some people of my parents generation who used to astonish me by saying they hated “The Wizard of Oz”

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sorry, but I thought this movie was very juvenile when I saw it in the theatre, and it’s appeal still escapes me. Despite that, when I taught media for years, every time I used the AFI list of best movies ever made, one of my high schoolers would ask why “Goonies” was not on the list!

Last year I found one of those double disc Blu rays with a movie I wanted and “Goonies” in a Walmart dump bin. I watched the movie I wanted and made a new single cover for it. Before I donated “Goonies” I decided to try it again.

My opinion had not changed at all!
I have come to the conclusion that I am just too old. I think it became a beloved movie of childhood for people who were at the right age. I guess I remind myself of some people of my parents generation who used to astonish me by saying they hated “The Wizard of Oz”
I don't know dude, I'm in your age group and I like the film for what it is.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Me, too! Loved seeing it as a young adult. It was perfect escapism. It has a huge following.

I was 18 when "Goonies" hit and excited about it. I did - and do - think it's entertaining, but it's not as good as it could/should have been, mainly because it panders too much to the little kid crowd.

It's essentially a kiddie version of an Indiana Jones movie, so I get the alteration of more adult themes like Indy's romances. Still, they dumbed it down too much and made it too silly.

Still fairly fun, but it disappointed me in 1985 and I still think it was a missed opportunity...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I somehow missed this one in my youth but I bought the digital version and we watched it with our 8th graders last week. They loved it and I thought it was a lot of fun myself.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Wonder if the included 1080p disc will be remastered. Took a gander at the existing one after this announcement and the PQ is getting a little long in the tooth. I caught the Flashback Cinema DCP this past summer and was hoping a UHD disc would get released.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
A favorite of mine. Love the humor. Besides the Goonies, the Fratellis really crack me up.
I wasn’t impressed with the Blu-ray, to me it was hardly better than the DVD. If this 4K is a solid transfer I’ll be buying it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I wasn’t impressed with the Blu-ray, to me it was hardly better than the DVD
I thought it was a huge improvement over the dvd. I’ve watched it so many times I’ve lost count. And the video commentary is hilarious. Hopefully some new extras are included.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I’ll admit it’s been a few years since I watched it and the last time was on my older 55” tv. Haven’t given it a chance on my 70” but at the time I was not impressed.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I thought it was a huge improvement over the dvd. I’ve watched it so many times I’ve lost count. And the video commentary is hilarious. Hopefully some new extras are included.
I was just thinking about the video commentary and how good it was!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks