What's new

Best center for Dolby Atmos (1 Viewer)

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
I am looking for the best dialog centric center for Dolby Atmos.
Space--24" X 12" x 19"
Denon X3300W
Fronts B&W 705
In ceiling RSL X 4
Subs 2 X Sunfire Sig's
Room size 25' X 30'
The B&W HTS 7 is too high and will not fit. The Denon has a very good Audessey
set up to timber match whatever I put in so I am looking for something that I will not have to turn the volume way up to hear the dialog. Music is not important as I use a different system for that.

Currently I have been looking at a Klipsch RC-62 II

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Atmos really isn't a factor. The best center is one that closely matches your L&R, which would be something from the same B&W line, maybe a lower line for price considerations. Audyssey can't perform miracles. It's for fine tuning, not completely changing the fundamental characteristic of speakers.

Klipsch will be possibly the worst match there is for B&W mains.

I'd look at the ELAC Debut C6.2 instead as an alternative to something from B&W, if nothing from them fits the space.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Audyssey does EQ and phase calibration as well, but it can’t make speakers with radically different design integrate well.

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
Pulled the trigger on a Aperion 5C as they were on close out at a crazy low price with a 60 day home trial.

Thanks all

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Pulled the trigger on a Aperion 5C as they were on close out at a crazy low price with a 60 day home trial.

Thanks all
I'm not particularly familiar with the brand, but there are too many speaker manufacturers to know many of them. However, three-way speakers tend to have an advantage with the center channel, since they tend to move the crossover point away from the center of vocal frequency. It's a theory, anyway, that I've observed to have some validity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks