What's new

Harveytoons question (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
For some reason I have gotten on a Harveytoons kick and have been revisiting the so-called "Complete Collection" DVD set that came out back in 2006. I also have the Casper complete 2-DVD set and the Herman & Katnip disc, which leads me to my question...

The Casper complete set includes two theatrical cartoons, "Casper's Spree Under The Sea" and "Ice Scream," which are only shown in clip form (as "Toon Takes") on the "Complete Harveytoons" set. "Spree" actually has vintage 1950s Harvey TV titles. The complete Casper set also includes all 26 of the made-for-TV shorts from the 1963 "New Casper Cartoon Show" (which are also missing from the "Complete Harveytoons" set).

Similarly, the single-disc complete Herman & Katnip DVD includes three cartoons -- "Cat Carson Rides Again," "Northwest Mousie," and "Surf And Sound" -- which are only represented by clips in the "Complete Harveytoons" set. I'm glad I picked it up.

Now, did I dream this, or did Classic Media at some point issue another single disc "complete series" character release? I seem to vaguely remember one, and I'm thinking it may have been Little Audrey or possibly Baby Huey? In any case, if I did see this, I passed on it. But in going down the lists I now see that like Casper and Herman, both series have a few cartoons which only appeared in the "Complete Harveytoons" set as clips.

Anyone remember anything like this? Or am I just thinking of the Herman & Katnip DVD (which I didn't get until a few years after it came out).

I suppose there's no chance of a complete re-do of the Harveytoons at this point? I sure would like a truly complete set. Paramount's masters would be ideal, but I'd even settle for the vintage Harvey TV prints without further futzing.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for letting us know about that, Mark. I wasn't aware of the differences between the two standalone sets and the complete collection.

As to your question, I'm only aware of the three sets you mentioned in your first paragraph and would also like to know if any other sets ever came out.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Listed as a Walmart exclusive but also being sold at GRUV is a "Best of The Harveytoons Show" . Advertised as 30 episodes and 120 cartoons. Release date is Tuesday November 2, 2021.

mm00303501.jpg

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
That "Best of" set is currently available at both of my local Wal-Mart stores. It's located in the growing section of awful "direct to DVD" dreck at Wal-Mart.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
According to a post by Jerry Beck, the new set is simply episodes #1-30 of the show. Richie Rich is not included despite being pictured on the cover and mentioned in the description. So there's nothing new here for anyone who has the incomplete "Complete Collection."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks