What's new

I will be dropping by more often. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
  1. Much has happened since my last post. And I am under some time pressure at the moment. But I want to say hello. I am also going to read that thread about Parker Clack.
  2. How is everyone, though? I trust many of the people I have known here are still with us.
  3. My favorite films remain David Lynch's Mulholland Drive and Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
  4. I have yet to be able to see the new Star Trek: Picard series, though (getting the latest technology still is a hill to climb for me, at present).
  5. My full Social Security benefits start in about a month, and I have been told said benefits are a bit higher than is normal (I made some decent salaries in my day).

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I am so very glad to see that you are back!.

Your posts were always (Well, almost always....) a bright spot!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you so much, people. And as I said, I will be returning as often as I can (to one of the friendliest communities I know).

* Mike, of course I am in Los Angeles. For better or worse, the city has a hold on me. It's beautiful in a weird sort of way.

* Steve: Regarding the faulty AE-35 unit, should I prepare to go EVA and bring it back in?

* Dheiner: You mean my posts have not always been a bright spot? :)

* Sam: Great to see you now are an admin. It can be touchy work, but it's worth it.

Oh, and an observation: Our "A Few Words About" guru, in his superb review of the new 4K Blu-ray edition of 2001: A Space Odyssey, started what resulted in the single best HTF thread ever discussing that film. In all my years here, that is the type of conversation about Mr. Kubrick's little movie I wanted to read and participate in.

The only issue I would raise in it is this: Interesting, isn't it, that what is now a fifty-two-year-old science-fiction film still looks futuristic. Only two other SF films hold up that well: Ridley Scott's Blade Runner and John Boorman's Zardoz.

As for my lamentation of not having yet seen Star Trek: Picard, I have read reviews of each episode. Oh, man, do I feel so left out. How are opinions of that new series shaping up here?

And as for a trivial aside, the number one item on my personal wish list: a 2020 Indian FTR 1200. (Though the sexiest all-'round machine on the market is the Ducati V4S Panigale -- but I am too old for such an extreme motorcycle.)

JB

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, RobertR.

As I peruse around, I have a question: What are "trophy points"? And why do I have so few?

And about my post count: Before Parker Clack did a major overhaul of the forum many years ago, I used to have in excess of 20,000 posts. Packy's work obliterated thousands of my posts (only Patrick Sun and Packy had more). Now? I am a lowlife. Oh, wait: I am an "executive producer". Why can't I be a director?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does anyone know what Trophy Points are? You have 9,110, which is obviously the maximum possible.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
And as for a trivial aside, the number one item on my personal wish list: a 2020 Indian FTR 1200. (Though the sexiest all-'round machine on the market is the Ducati V4S Panigale -- but I am too old for such an extreme motorcycle.)

Nice to meet you, Jack! I don't remember you from the early days but I took more than a few years off when I got married back in 2004 so that probably explains it.

Dude, if you can afford it then get that bike!!! Here's mine. I'm pushing 54 but this baby keeps me feeling young. 1300 CC's of PURE JOY!

IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jacks Back!!!!

Hoo Ray!!!

Welcome back old friend. We’ve missed you and your posts around here for much too long. So happy to see you are doing better!:):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks