Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

21 Bridges Blu-ray Review
21-Bridges-feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yikes- I bought this blind. I’ll try to give it a view this weekend.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Sorry, must disagree. This is the kind of solid, meat-and-potatoes crime thriller that UA and Fox were doing so well in the '70s. (At times it had a PELHAM 123 vibe, minus the comedy.) Fine cast, great use of Manhattan locations and a real sense of urgency. So yeah, the surprises aren't really surprises, but a film like this is about the journey (literally, in this case) and not the destination, and in that sense it succeeds handily. Just my two cents.

Mike S.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I always enjoy crime dramas, but this one might have to be a 'wait for cable' title given Todd's review and a 51 rating on Metacritic.

Thanks for the review.

- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought it for $14.99 and watched it on digital 4k last week.

My feelings are mixed.

First, this film was actually shot in Philadelphia for Manhattan. Overhead helicopter shots are definitely Manhattan.

The problem with this movie is that while there are a few good action pieces, overall as another HTF member put it in a different thread, it's formulaic.

Overall, this would have been more satisfying for me at a $9.99 digital purchase (should have waited like Crawdaddy). Don't think anyone should pay full price for this Blu-ray.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I watched it over the weekend. Not bad, but I didn’t like a scene halfway in- I thought the cops
did things that were flat out dumb and unbelievable. I’ll have to listen to the commentary at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks