What's new

TCL owners (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i searched and couldn't find any previous threads for this.... so i thought i'd start one.

just entered the "4k race" as it were with an older model P605. wanted to know what calibration settings you are using for this model/tv. these are ones i've found from google:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tc...-2017/settings
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...ture_settings/

or do you guys have any other links resources i can consult?

i dont have a dedicated UHD disc player yet, i'll get that eventually.

right now i'm streaming through prime/vudu/disney+/tv+ and the rest i'm using HTPC.

any best practice/tips would be helpful.

also where can you find cheap RF remote the roku ra-cl 9 is the best replacement for this... but thus far it's like way more than i'm willing to part with.

any tips? i've searched the yardsale online places and haven't found any.

Wavshrdr

Auditioning
Real Name
Timothy
Do you have an iPhone? The Roku app works pretty well for IOS. I can control the TV from anywhere I have a WiFi connection in the house.

I have the TCL 615 and found the calibration settings from Consumer Reports were pretty close. I tried them on other TCLs at BB where my son works for fun and it really helped them out so it might get you in the ballpark.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yep, i've been using that since i've owned the roku stream+ sticks. it just extends to the TV now.

the 'calibration' i ended up with was:

SDR:
brighter
movie
backlight 20 (not sure what to use on SDR with this setting) sometimes i've had it 0 or 4 or all the way up... this is the only settings i'm not entirely sure what to use and every site has different types
everything default except:
local contrast=high
sharpness=0
color=45
gamma=2.0
noise reduction=off

HDR:
darker (and brighter during daytime viewing)
movie
everything default except:
local contrast=high
sharpness=0
color=45
gamma=2.0
noise reduction=off

as for the rest of the color profile settings, you need some special equipment to measure those i think so i left all that as 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks