What's new

should i put dimension and miramax films under disney? (1 Viewer)

jamestk98

Auditioning
Real Name
roy fugate
hello. this is my first post here and it is a question that is bugging me.

i am sorting my movies by movie type and i am putting Disney in its own category. when it comes to Disney,touchstone,and Hollywood pictures it is easy.

the problem is with dimension,miramax,studio ghibli,MARVEL and now 20th century fox.
I KNOW dimension and miramax were owned by Disney from 1992 till 2010 and 2012 respectively, and the cases do say released by buena vista,but what about the films before and after they owned them.

studio ghibli is obviously not owned by Disney but they released the movies in the us.

what about the marvel films and TV catalog dating back to the 60's and distributed and made by to many studios to list here .

and do they now own the complete 20th film and TV library made since 1935?

please help as i feel like it is giving me ocd trying to figure it out.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know what? Great question because I can absolutely relate to it...

My Blu-ray and DVD collection are organized by the studio, alphabetically.

And, yes, I put Hollywood/Miramax/Disney together

As for the other titles, what I would do is organize by studio logo on the side of the product.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Heh.

(Going on a huge tangent, peripherally related to the OP's topic).

I only do this "style" of studio categorization as previously stated by Ron and Roy, for my collection of dvds with extra basketcase drm of which Disney was a huge perpatrator over 2005->2009. (Basically extra basketcase drm which attempted to trip up and/or crash then-current dvd ripping programs back in the day).

Over the past half-decade or so, I've been scavenging through local thrift shops and dump bins for dvds with extra basketcase drm. I have this "sordid" hobby of analyzing these discs and figuring out how exactly these extra basketcase drm function. ;)

Besides categorizing by studio, I also group these particular dvds by the "strains" and revisions of the particular extra basketcase drm. It is almost like a study in an "arms race" of anti-priacy methods which was an exercise in futility in the end.

In more recent times, I've been purchasing past Fox bluray disc releases from local dumps to analyze and understand how the BD+ extra drm functions. (Fox eventually dropped BD+ altogether by the end of 2017).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks