What's new

DR. WHO (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Has any of the DR. WHO been released to Blu Ray? I’m speaking of the series circa 1963.

I’d like to start watching it from episode 1, but I know that many episodes are missing...

has BBC released season sets? Is there somewhere I can watch from episode one?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Several series/seasons have been released on BD reconstructed from various quality elements that exist -- mixtures of Tape and some 16mm footage. Most of the it looks pretty good considering.

BBC isn't releasing them in order so it's a hodgepodge what available right now. As I understand many of them are being released b/c they are available and being readied on the fly and waht extras have already been finished. Some seasons require a lot less repair/'restoration'/preparation

Classic Season 12/19/18/10/23/26 have been released in the UK and 14 is pending for May or June. Region Free, but the episodes are 1080/50 encodes and some of the extras could be PAL SD. These are/were in Limited Edition packages and generally release 1-3 months ahead of the US and sell out quickly and not evidence that standard packaged sets will ever show up.

EDIT Lord Dalek has a more complete list esp with some of the partial seasons.

S 12/19/18/10/23/26 (just released this week) have been released in the US --std, non limited packaging, I 1080/60i encodes and most but not all of the UK extras.

There are a couple streaming services that have some if not all of the series, but I think may be SD quality. PlutoTV has many if not all for awhile and I think is Free. BritBox I think has all, but it $7/month though I think a 7 day free trial if you want to check it out

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Bernard Cribbins. who played Donna Noble's (Catherine Tate) grandfather, Wilfred Mott, has died. He will appear in next year's 60th Anniversary story that features the return of the David Tennant Doctor and Donna Noble. He was 93.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks