What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
German director Robert Siodmak came to Hollywood due to the rise of Hitler and the Nazis in Germany during the 1930’s as well as the advent of WWII sweeping across Europe. After resettling here in America, he began to make his name by directing a series of unpretentious and stylish crime thrillers as well as B movies for Universal Pictures in the 1940’s. One of those B pictures he made during this decade was Cobra Woman, an exotic adventure film that was among the first movies Universal shot in glorious Technicolor. Previously released on MOD DVD by Universal, Kino has licensed the film for its Blu-ray debut as part of their Studio Classics line.

Cobra Woman (1944)

Released: 12 May 1944
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 71 min

Director: Robert Siodmak
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Romance

Cast: Maria Montez, Jon Hall, Sabu, Edgar Barrier
Writer(s):...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Is Maria’s dance as good as Debra Paget’s in Indian Tomb?
I'm answering with a definitive no, but then it depends what you're looking for. Debra Paget's dance in INDIAN TOMB is so visceral it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and the disc it was imprinted on seem to combust from the heat of her movements. The dance in COBRA WOMAN is clunky and campy, not sexy. It launched a thousand drag acts, while Ms. Paget's no doubt inspired thousands of wet dreams.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Was there a sequel to this film ?? or did I imagine it ??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks