What's new

Scream Factory Press Release: War of the Colossal Beast (1958) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.11.16 PM.png

She Wanted Only To Find Her Brother Alive … Be Careful What You Wish For. WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST comes crashing to Blu-ray for the first time this Summer!

After Colonel Glenn Manning survived an experimental plutonium blast that triggered his mutation into a seventy-foot giant, everyone believes he plunged to the death from the top of Boulder Dam. Everyone, that is, except for his sister Joyce. She is convinced that her brother is alive. Joyce sets out to find her brother in the mountains of Mexico … but she is unprepared for the full truth. Her brother is hideously disfigured now … and very angry. When he is captured by the authorities, the Colossal Beast escapes to wreak havoc on Los Ange

Street date: 7/21. Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/pro…/war-of-the-colossal-beast…

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
beast01.jpg

Sold!

Albeit no specifics on any additional bonus special features (ie. theatrical trailer, audio commentaries, etc.).

This was originally the (supporting) co-feature to Bert I. Gordon's ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE (1958) and now classic American-International Pictures 1950s B-Film collectors can enjoy both once again through the conscientious auspices of the Scream Factory.

Once again, like HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) which has yet to be given an official announcement pertaining to an impending blu-ray release through the Home Theatre Forum, a special colour climax is featured for effect.

(As I stated earlier) the 1950s AIP Bert I. Gordon films were the only features released through this fledgling independent company to have any kind of genuine special effects (crude as they may have been).

And movie ticket buyers of the period responded with massive lineups and big box office!

In the 1960s these AIP 1950s double-bill programmers would be rediscovered by yet another generation of fans through syndicated late night tv airings.

Jeff T.

beast02.jpg

;)

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
View attachment 70564

Sold!

Albeit no specifics on any additional bonus special features (ie. theatrical trailer, audio commentaries, etc.).

This was originally the (supporting) co-feature to Bert I. Gordon's ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE (1958) and now classic American-International Pictures 1950s B-Film collectors can enjoy both once again through the conscientious auspices of the Scream Factory.

Once again, like HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) which has yet to be given an official announcement pertaining to an impending blu-ray release through the Home Theatre Forum, a special colour climax is featured for effect.

(As I stated earlier) the 1950s AIP Bert I. Gordon films were the only features released through this fledgling independent company to have any kind of genuine special effects (crude as they may have been).

And movie ticket buyers of the period responded with massive lineups and big box office!

In the 1960s these AIP 1950s double-bill programmers would be rediscovered by yet another generation of fans through syndicated late night tv airings.

Jeff T.

View attachment 70562

;)

I saw on Deep Discount that "How To Make A Monster" was now being released later this summer instead of later this month. On Amazon, the other day, it still had the original release date.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hopefully, Shout can put the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode on here since they could never get a deal done with the rights owners before.

It actually is on Volume 34, you are thinking of The Amazing Colossal Man.
ACM had a VHS release which was recalled.
As for the color sequence I have no reason to think it wouldnt be there. And the Arkoff titles were pushed back, probably due to either COVID-19 or more work needed to be done creating an HD master..or both actually !

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I'll have to pass on this, the DVD will have to suffice. Maybe before some of us die, we might get at least a good copy of THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, to replace my copy.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll have to pass on this, the DVD will have to suffice. Maybe before some of us die, we might get at least a good copy of THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, to replace my copy.

Oh please, what a ridiculous comment. Finally the movie gets released in HD and "the DVD will suffice". About as silly as "the VHS will suffice" when something was released on DVD for the first time. :wub:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh please, what a ridiculous comment. Finally the movie gets released in HD and "the DVD will suffice". About as silly as "the VHS will suffice" when something was released on DVD for the first time. :wub:
How John spends his money is his business, so let's cease judging his purchasing decision.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have DVDs that I could have replaced with blu rays but have not and will not. So am I silly doing that. If I did own this movie on DVD I wouldn’t replace it. It’s not that good of a movie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks