What's new

Seinfeld The Complete Series $49.99 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
On iTunes.

Was contemplating picking this up. Anyone
Buy it. Quality? Cropping? Thoughts?

;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Cheapest it’s ever been I think.

These are the way they air on Hulu and tbs.

I like the widescreen version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On principle, I don't like the cropping but unlike other shows that I've seen cropped, it doesn't really look bad.

*Edited to use the correct "principle". Man, social isolation is making me even more OCD. :laugh:*

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ive seen comparison of the cropping and I don’t think anything important was changed very much and I’ve read somewhere, don’t ask where that it was shot with future proofing widescreen in mind or something to that effect.

This isn’t the same as the Simpsons cropping which actually destroys segments of the show due to the cropping.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Ive seen comparison of the cropping and I don’t think anything important was changed very much and I’ve read somewhere, don’t ask where that it was shot with future proofing widescreen in mind or something to that effect.

This isn’t the same as the Simpsons cropping which actually destroys segments of the show due to the cropping.
I continue to be amazed that flying the flag for OAR has been thrown out the window these days on this board. If Seinfeld had been shot 1.78, we never would have stood for a 1.37 release on DVD or LD (remember the Willy Wonka DVD release?). I don't get why many of the same people who were opposed to pan & scan are now fine with doing the reverse.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I continue to be amazed that flying the flag for OAR has been thrown out the window these days on this board. If Seinfeld had been shot 1.78, we never would have stood for a 1.37 release on DVD or LD (remember the Willy Wonka DVD release?). I don't get why many of the same people who were opposed to pan & scan are now fine with doing the reverse.
You really don't know?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks