What's new

Pre-Order Radio Flyer (1992) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
6102Y4YZCmL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, my Target order has finally shipped! Now, if I can only get my Mill Creek double-features to ship to me.

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
The film's production history is more interesting than the film itself.

The original director, David Evans (who also wrote the script) was paid a record $1.25 million to write and direct the film. Evans never directed a movie before, let alone for a major studio, nor did he ever write a studio film, but his script was so hot in Hollywood that it started an intense bidding war. He wanted to make a dark drama about child abuse, then Evans was fired two weeks into filming in favor of Richard Donner, who tried to rework the film into a Spielberg knockoff (at the studio's insistence) but still retained the abuse angle. Test audiences hated it, reshoots were mandated but didn't help much, and the film died at the box office.

After all this was said and done, it was surprising that Evans managed to direct another major studio film after this, but fortunately he did, and that film was...

bbafe6c2f708acc39d5d852d2e2eae9ec4a14c6a5fa5b1da7fa29dcda38db167_1024x1024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks