What's new

Pacific Blue (Mill Creek 2012) Complete Series (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I purchased the series from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Looking forward to watching it again. I noticed the packaging was a plastic Book with the discs in individual paper disc envelopes. Mill Creek released Silk Stalkings Seasons 6,7 and 8 the Same way in 2013. Yet, The 2016 Mill Creek Release of Miami Vice (Which I also got from Amazon) is packed in a cardboard box with discs in individual cardboard envelopes. Im guessing the change in packaging was a cost cutting measure?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
95536523-7DAA-4666-965B-1413D4C599FC.jpeg

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I purchased the series from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Looking forward to watching it again. I noticed the packaging was a plastic Book with the discs in individual paper disc envelopes. Mill Creek released Silk Stalkings Seasons 6,7 and 8 the Same way in 2013. Yet, The 2016 Mill Creek Release of Miami Vice (Which I also got from Amazon) is packed in a cardboard box with discs in individual cardboard envelopes. Im guessing the change in packaging was a cost cutting measure?

That seems to be the Mill Creek way. I repackaged both series sets I bought from them, because otherwise the disks get no protection.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, I’m going to have to do something different. The paper and plastic is extremely flimsy. I think I have some jewel cases I can put the discs in. If I don’t, I’ll get something. I was thinking about something like this.

would it work?

Case Logic CDE-48 48 Capacity Heavy Duty CD Wallet, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00011KM3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dcJIEbWM9Z0RP

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I have done this with several of the giant Mill Creek sets I have. I don't entirely trust the flimsy packaging.

- the original 21 Jump Street
- a Stephen J Cannell compilation set of short lived series
- some scifi film compilation sets

I don't have many Mill Creek sets.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I find it difficult to remove the discs from the envelopes because I try not to tear them. Hopefully, my DVD Jewel cases I ordered will arrive today. I will re package Pacific Blue, Silk Stalkings Season 6-8 and Miami Vice. I dont understand why the DVD Packaging could not have been a better quality. The Blu Ray Releases for Knight Rider (which I Have from Mill Creek) are in more Sturdy packaging. Miami Vice Blu Ray is in the same Packaging. Its as if Mill Creek Treated DVD as the Stepchild. I would have been willing to pay a bit more for packaging that was of better quality

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Here’s my solution to the packaging. Problem. Jewel cases for pacific blue and Miami Vice seasons. separated re using Miami Vice disc folders. And original packaging for each as bookends. Same for Silk Stalkings season 6-8 release. No dividing though

Attachments

• 1B2E6E70-220B-4E07-B547-115AA3B693EA.jpeg
    1B2E6E70-220B-4E07-B547-115AA3B693EA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
  • B433C70F-FB4B-4BA5-8CCA-0994156DF602.jpeg
    B433C70F-FB4B-4BA5-8CCA-0994156DF602.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It looks like the plastic dvd cases that Redbox used in their dvd rental vending machines.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am enjoying re watching the Series. When it first Ran on USA Network, I remember it airing on Sunday Nights in 1996 Silk Stalkings was still running and had Tyler Layton and Nick Kokitakis as Price and Rollins. After that They were replaced with Potter and Gunn which turned me off the Series. I remember seeing Pacific Blue For 2 Seasons. Along with the Big Easy Good Cop TV Time for people who weren't Big on Baywatch and Miami Vice during first run

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I am enjoying re watching the Series. When it first Ran on USA Network, I remember it airing on Sunday Nights in 1996 Silk Stalkings was still running and had Tyler Layton and Nick Kokitakis as Price and Rollins. After that They were replaced with Potter and Gunn which turned me off the Series.

Initially I watched some episodes when it was on network tv. Then it disappeared. (At the time, I didn't know it was picked up by the usa network).

I ended up watching first-run episodes again, when it was Potter + Gunn. At the time, I also taped the reruns during the day and watched them when I got home.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just finished Pacific Blue. All 5 seasons in order. Too bad it got canceled before the cliffhanger as to who was the father of the baby at the end. I originally thought it had been canceled after 2 years until I saw it on IMDb tv. I thought it was a good series over all. It was weird and Cool at the same time to see the late Stephen J. Cannell make onscreen appearances

Last edited:

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
As far as Silk Stalkings' forgotten second team goes, Holly Rawlins [that was the name per TV Guide] and Michael Price had no shot. The characters had no chemistry (IMO!) and the way they were introduced in the midst of what happened to Lorenzo just spelled doom.

Tom Ryan and Cassy St. John, being a divorced pair sort of put the formula on its head, but I think Janet Gunn and Chris Potter eventually settled into a nice vibe.

It would never be another Rita Lance/Chris Lorenzo scenario, but I think that was a "lightning in a bottle" deal, anyway.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As far as Silk Stalkings' forgotten second team goes, Holly Rawlins [that was the name per TV Guide] and Michael Price had no shot. The characters had no chemistry (IMO!) and the way they were introduced in the midst of what happened to Lorenzo just spelled doom.

Tom Ryan and Cassy St. John, being a divorced pair sort of put the formula on its head, but I think Janet Gunn and Chris Potter eventually settled into a nice vibe.

It would never be another Rita Lance/Chris Lorenzo scenario, but I think that was a "lightning in a bottle" deal, anyway.

There were 2 things that bothered me though. One, we were never told what happened to Holly and Michael. Two, the show left us hanging at the end with Tom under investigation. I hate it when shows are cancelled on a cliffhanger

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
There were 2 things that bothered me though. One, we were never told what happened to Holly and Michael. Two, the show left us hanging at the end with Tom under investigation. I hate it when shows are cancelled on a cliffhanger
But in a way, I blame TPTB for that non-resolution of the cliffhanger. By the time the S8 cliffhanger happened, the show was demoted to a summer series versus the usual September to May schedule it had. Add in general age, and new executives coming in, and TPTB had to know the possibility of cancellation was possible.

To end on a cliffhanger was short sighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks