Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hope it gets a US release.

“Take note of this important info: “Blu-ray version: Discs 1-4 Blu-ray. UHD version: Discs 1-3 UHD, Disc 4 Blu-ray. Blu-ray discs region B (contractual). UHD has no region coding.”

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have this SD 4 disc Box Set, so it will have to suffice.
41oA3Y7KCxL.jpg

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
IIRC the reason nobody's managed to relicence Dawn here in the US is because Rubinstein lost a bundle on his stupid 3D conversion noone asked for and is charging an arm and a leg to recoup costs. Either he's had a change of heart or the European rights are with different people.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
IIRC the reason nobody's managed to relicence Dawn here in the US is because Rubinstein lost a bundle on his stupid 3D conversion noone asked for and is charging an arm and a leg to recoup costs. Either he's had a change of heart or the European rights are with different people.

Bingo.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Bill Hunt's review is up and the box set is back in stock at Amazon UK, although it will probably sell out quickly, despite the expensive retail price. When Amazon sells out, the price from resellers will probably double anyway. Mine is on it's way. It will be interesting to compare it with to the Italian 4K SDR box.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My copy arrives tomorrow DHL.

I will check back in this thread after I watch my favorite (137 minute) version. Even though Romero thought of the shorter theatrical cut as the "director's cut".

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, but I’ve had problems with preorders since covid. I found that I could only order an item when it’s available but that may have changed. Diabolik in the US will have this.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
My copy arrives tomorrow DHL.

I will check back in this thread after I watch my favorite (137 minute) version. Even though Romero thought of the shorter theatrical cut as the "director's cut".
Looks very promising, according to The Bits' review. I've never seen the film theatrically and I must say, I wasn't too impressed by picture quality on the Italian 4K UHD version - maybe unrealistic expectations of what an independent, low-budget '70's picture could look-like. I prefer this cut too.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I’d be interested in this, but on principal I don’t lIke the idea of paying for a disc I can’t use. I have heard that some players aren’t truly region locked and you can get around it through a secret menu. Anyone know anything like that on an Oppo 4K player, or is that a taboo subject?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks