What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Few directors of Hollywood’s Golden Age have had quite the background as Ernest B. Schoedsack. Formerly a cameraman and pilot during World War I, he’s best known today for his long collaboration with Merian C. Cooper, with whom he filmed several movies including the immortal King Kong (1933). Working on his own here with Dr. Cyclops, he gave Hollywood its first science fiction movie to be shot in three-strip Technicolor. Previously released on DVD and MOD by Universal, Kino has licensed the film for its Blu-ray debut.

Dr. Cyclops (1940)

Released: 12 Apr 1940
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 77 min

Director: Ernest B. Schoedsack
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi

Cast: Albert Dekker, Thomas Coley, Janice Logan, Charles Halton
Writer(s): Tom Kilpatrick (original screen play)

Plot: A mad scientist working in the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

MDS

Agent
Real Name
Michael Shayne
I don't think Albert Dekker's death could be considered mysterious. Unusual, weird, strange might be better words. This is from Wikipedia. I first read about in Hollywood Babylon.

He was naked, kneeling in the bathtub, with a noose tightly wrapped around his neck and looped around the shower curtain rod. He was blindfolded, his wrists were handcuffed, there was a ball gag in his mouth, and two hypodermic needles were inserted in one arm. His body was covered in explicit words and drawings in red lipstick.[7]

Money and camera equipment were missing, but there was no sign of forced entry. The coroner found no evidence of foul play and ruled his death accidental, the result of autoerotic asphyxiation

Dave Blair

Agent
Real Name
David Blair
Nice review. I can at last stop buying this film. I have the Laser Disc, the DVD and the new Blu-ray. One of my favorites. Gorgeous! My Dad called me to watch this every time it was on TV. As a kid I was unaware it was a color movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks