What's new

Are there any wireless volume knob controllers for HTPC's? (1 Viewer)

dstein

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hi, I've been looking for a wireless knob to control my HTPC. I already own the Griffin Powermate for my main computer, but it's USB. I know there's a bluetooth version available but the reviews are bad.

514JPvdbeRL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Does anyone know of any other wireless alternatives that I can use for a home thestre setup?

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Unless you can find one associated with a universal remote, I’m afraid you’re out of luck on that one. This is the first time I’ve seen something like that mentioned in nearly 20 years of participating on audio forums, which tells me the market for such a product is zero. Or maybe one. :)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

dstein

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Unless you can find one associated with a universal remote, I’m afraid you’re out of luck on that one. This is the first time I’ve seen something like that mentioned in nearly 20 years of participating on audio forums, which tells me the market for such a product is zero. Or maybe one. :)

Maybe I'll try in the receiver forum and see if anyone knows of any.

aard

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
What is between your HTPC and your speakers? If its a processor, then does it have a phone remote? What software does your HTPC run? If its something like Jriver then you can control the volume via their phone app (depending on how its configured).

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
I use wireless keyboards with volume buttons but a remote volume knob is an interesting concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks