What's new

Replacement for Yamaha RX-V 2600 (1 Viewer)

Paul925

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
The sound is cutting out on multiple channels on my cbl/sat input. I would appreciate any recommendations for new receiver. (Yamaha, Denon, Marantz or others)

thank you

Paul925

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Mine is an older model receiver with no hdmi. I am currently using component inputs, I could try optical for the sound. However I would like to recommendations just in case.

Paul925

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
I finally received an optical cable and tried it in two different inputs, still having the same sound issues. I will have to bite the bullet and get a new receiver, any suggestions? Thank you!

Paul925

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum. What's your price range?
I would like to stay under 1k. I’ve been reading up on Denon 3600/3500, 2600 and Yamaha RXA 880/1070, I am open to others.

The rest of my system is 2 B&W 601, 2 B&W 600, B&W center and sub, Yamaha CDC600 and a Fujitsu Plasmavision

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you thinking of Dolby Atmos? The Denon 3600 is a good model that you should be able to buy around $1000-1100.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have B&W 600 Series speakers, and drive them with an older version of the Denon 3600 (the 3300W). I am very happy with the Denon / B&W combo. My previous two receivers were Pioneer Elites and before that a Sony ES, so this is my first Denon.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
What do you mean by a "virtual" Atmos setup?
I think he's looking at Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and/or DTS Virtual: X.

If that's the case, your'e looking at a 2019 model year Denon or later, designated by model AVR-X#600H (Denon started adding Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization to their 2019 models, DTS Virtual:X to their 2017 models via firmware update). I'm assuming you have a 7.1/7.2 setup currently? If so, I'd recommend at least a 9.2 channel receiver, which will allow you to keep your current speaker layout and add height speakers later.

I did see a "renewed" Denon X3600 on Amazon for $899, but it only comes with a 90-day Amazon warranty (versus 3-year mfr warranty for new), but could not find one new on Amazon. Best Buy still has that model available as new for $1099.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks