What's new

Xbox One S best settings for sound w/ Sony DH520 receiver. (1 Viewer)

Steven Weiler

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Weiler
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to best set my receiver up to work with our Xbox One S. The Xbox is connected to our Sony DH520 receiver via HDMI, and S/PDIF (both from Xbox to receiver). The speaker system is a 5.1 setup, and the HDMI out from the receiver goes to my 1080p Optoma projecter. Pretty basic setup.

A big part of my situation is I'm not sure which "sound field" setting on the receiver to put it on, there are so many. Right now I have it on AFD Auto.

The Xbox One S is pretty much all we use with the projector here in the bonus room. We basically do a lot of gaming (Fortnight, Metal Gear, Elite Sniper 4, etc.), and stream Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime movies.

Any advice while we're here on "stay at home"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the forum, Steve!

I've moved your question away from our HT Projects forum (where members generally talk about building home theaters in their homes) and into our Hardware/Receivers forum in order to get more eyes on the question.

Thanks for joining. We've got LOTS of great info here for the home theater enthusiast. And I'm sure someone will come along shortly with an answer to your question.

:welcome:

Steven Weiler

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Weiler
Welcome to the forum, Steve!

I've moved your question away from our HT Projects forum (where members generally talk about building home theaters in their homes) and into our Hardware/Receivers forum in order to get more eyes on the question.

Thanks for joining. We've got LOTS of great info here for the home theater enthusiast. And I'm sure someone will come along shortly with an answer to your question.

:welcome:
Thank you! :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No reason to double connect audio. Pull the spdif it will just confuse you. If receiver is Atmos compatible set it to that and adjust Xbox to match even if ‘only’ doing 5.1. I don’t know Sony receivers so can’t be more specific than that.

Steven Weiler

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Weiler
Thank you. I set the receiver to "PL II MV" (Dolby Pro Logic II Movie) and set the Xbox One S to 5.1. This seems to be the best setting so far. If anyone else has a better option please let me know, but I've told my kids to leave it set as is and to not change the sound field to anything different. We'll see how long that lasts! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks