Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Murder, He Says Blu-ray Review
murderhesaytop.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Another one I never expected to see on Blu-Ray.

Been eagerly anticipating this ever since it was announced last year. Fell in love with it when it finally aired on Turner Classic Movies a decade or more ago.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm thrilled to see this one arrive on BR. I refused to purchase the TCM/Universal MOD due to receiving a blank disc in another of the TCM MOD releases only to have them refuse to replace the set or disc (it took getting Universal involved to get satisfaction). This one's high on my acquisition list.

Like others have said, I had no idea this was originally to be a Hope/Goddard film.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Haven't seen this, but it sounds really good - I usually don't do blind buys, but am tempted by this one.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Hey, it's worth it just for the socko-boff commentary! :cool:
I'm afraid that commentator is rather ubiquitous of late, though I did appreciate The Two Michaels' Laurel & Hardy roots ( on the HOLIDAY disc).

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm afraid that commentator is rather ubiquitous of late, though I did appreciate The Two Michaels' Laurel & Hardy roots ( on the HOLIDAY disc).
Well, I don't know. He was rather hard on Ann Harding, in my opinion much preferable to Hepburn. I think I'll stick with Stan Taffel. Hi, @cadavra Mike. Sorry we won't meet this June!:):( Take care. We are well.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Well, I don't know. He was rather hard on Ann Harding, in my opinion much preferable to Hepburn. I think I'll stick with Stan Taffel. Hi, @cadavra Mike. Sorry we won't meet this June!:):( Take care. We are well.
I agree. He was way too hard on Ann Harding. I was referring to the repartee between the two Mikes, rather than any specific opinions, which I would like to agree with, as they were so entertaining to watch.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
This is a very entertaining movie. I thought the commentary was excellent. Much better than what they've been calling commentary lately. This commentary actually offered lots of background info on the players and the production. He even pointed out cool things like sometimes Fred had his wedding ring on and sometimes he didn't, even though his character is supposed to be single, Fred didn't like to take his wedding ring off. Also, there's a shot of him looking in the mirror in the closet and the fluorescent light goes off before the shot cuts and you can see he has the glow makeup on. He also pointed out how the matt shot on the twins shows in one shot. And the print looks very good. Great buy for 16 bucks! And something I'll watch over and over because it's so much fun.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger

Thanks, Jose, glad to hear you and yours are safe!

I have nothing against Harding in general; I just found her performance in this particular film a bit stiff. And it's just my opinion, not a fact!
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks