What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire) acts, writes, and directs in the revenge thriller Monkey Man.

Monkey Man (2024)

Released: 05 Apr 2024
Rated: R
Runtime: 121 min

Director: Dev Patel
Genre: Action, Thriller

Cast: Dev Patel, Sharlto Copley, Pitobash
Writer(s): Dev Patel, Paul Angunawela, John Collee

Plot: An anonymous young man unleashes a campaign of vengeance against the corrupt leaders who murdered his mother and continue to systemically victimize the poor and powerless.

IMDB rating: 7.3
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC

Aspect Ratio: 2.39.1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, French 7.1 DD+:French 7.1 DD+...

Continue reading...

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
One of the few films thus far this year I disliked enough to turn it off. I did pick up a dozen boxes of product however for the slip, which is the film’s highlight, and may possibly have First Edition investment potential.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
One of the few films thus far this year I disliked enough to turn it off. I did pick up a dozen boxes of product however for the slip, which is the film’s highlight, and may possibly have First Edition investment potential.
Couldn’t disagree more. Monkey Man is bleeding fantastic. See it as big as you can with the best Atmos setup you can find. Pure reference sound.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
But how’s the screenplay?
I enjoyed it. The love between mother and child provided the backdrop for the violent revenge. The fact that his father is never even considered other than the villains calling his mother a whore is intriguing. The trans faction is timely and empowering. The ending was perfect, and yet still unsettled in his fate.

This is a first time writer and director. I was not expecting perfection and was impressed with what he achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areyakiddin
Recent bookmarks