Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
First up is THIS!
IMG_0263.jpeg

:)

Brian will be back to promote his first documentary film. As an honored guest not as a host :)

Then we have a black Friday episode comping up.

And in early December we have hidden gem movies

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Are you guys (and/or HTF?) sell those coasters(?) somewhere (not Etsy?)? :D

_Man_
I appreciate the interest but have no plans to monetize the podcast via ads or merch. For longtime members of HTF and fans of HTU I will gladly send you a personalized coaster on slate or cork or both if you PM me your address. I have 100+ each of both and am having a blast using and learning more about my new Xtool S1 engraver. In exchange please just do something nice for someone else :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Are you guys (and/or HTF?) sell those coasters(?) somewhere (not Etsy?)? :D

_Man_
I appreciate the interest but have no plans to monetize the podcast via ads or merch. For longtime members of HTF and fans of HTU I will gladly send you a personalized coaster on slate or cork or both if you PM me your address. I have 100+ each of both and am having a blast using and learning more about my new Xtool S1 engraver. In exchange please just do something nice for someone else

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Oh Jeez, I forgot to link to Brian's film teaser!!!!

I would really like to know what editing software Brian (or his editor) used on this film.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
@Todd Erwin, sorry for the delay. Life. I use Adobe Premiere.
I stopped using Premiere last spring. I had been using version 5 for over ten years, and didn’t want to subscribe to use the latest version. So, I started using the free version of DaVinci Resolve and upgraded to the paid version after a few months - $250 for a lifetime “subscription.” I haven’t looked back since.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I stopped using Premiere last spring. I had been using version 5 for over ten years, and didn’t want to subscribe to use the latest version. So, I started using the free version of DaVinci Resolve and upgraded to the paid version after a few months - $250 for a lifetime “subscription.” I haven’t looked back since.
I hear it's quite comparable.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Self digital distribution.

Aren't there other open/free formats that are widely (enough) supported for that... even for multichannel surround? ... unless you want something comparably to Atmos/DTS-X I suppose...

I also sorta started trying DaVinci Resolve, but haven't checked it enough to know (and probably would never try to use discrete surround sound for my little projects anyway)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale