What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My Oceans 4K UHDs were set to deliver to an Amazon locker at my local Staples on Saturday. I received a notification Saturday afternoon that delivery could not be completed because they were unable to gain access to the front door to deliver the package.

Come on, Amazon. Staples is open from 9AM - 6PM on Saturday and Sunday. If you’re going to lie to me, at least try to make it believable. IMG_0403.jpeg

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I doubt it. There’s a pretty slim chance all the lockers at the business have been filled up since my first delivery was attempted Saturday and the driver stated they couldn’t access the front door of the business. The missed delivery on Sunday is a facepalm but I understand. They tried to deliver as the business was closing but at the same time, Amazon should be aware of the times businesses with lockers inside them close and the system should have drivers deliver to them earlier in the day. In any case, the driver isn’t stating the locker is full (I’ve seen that message before but for never more than one day), and instead stating they could not get through the front door of the business which would mean the business is closed, which they most assuredly aren’t. Either the driver is lying like I saw often with FedEx when they wouldn’t even attempt to stop by my office but enter that there was no answer at the business door at 2 in the afternoon (the door had a buzzer, 24-hour surveillance, as well as security guards who had to sign for all deliveries), or the driver is incompetent and either can’t find the correct address or doesn’t know how to do their job and pick the correct code for “locker full”. In any case, Amazon is at fault here.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Oh, for Pete’s sake, they’re not even trying now! They seriously tried to deliver to Staples at 5:47 this morning? The store doesn’t even open until 9.

IMG_0408.jpeg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just got a package of one BD from them in a sturdy cardboard box (slightly larger than it needed to be).
This is the first time in years this has happened.
I hope it continues.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
As soon as tracking shows "out for delivery" I'd be tempted to go to that Staples and wait outside to see if they actually show up and try to get inside.

IIRC, those "carriers" are contracted. If that's the case they could be laying up at home waiting for a "truck full" to warrant going out, it's the only delivery in that part of town that day (I've seen FedEx drivers avoid such deliveries), there are no parking places "close enough" to the door, or some other lame excuse.

Oh, for Pete’s sake, they’re not even trying now! They seriously tried to deliver to Staples at 5:47 this morning? The store doesn’t even open until 9.

View attachment 221468
You'd think it being an Amazon Locker site that they'd be intimately familiar with the hours and process to get the packages in the store/lockers.

It really looks like someone's not bothering at all and just putting various excuses/times in the app to make it appear they're trying to make the delivery.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think that sorta speaks to the underlying fault area with Amazon’s service. When everything is running smoothly, which it does for most customers most of the time, it’s almost amazing how well the operation works. They have a lot of computers running different algorithms to assign what item gets into which packaging material, from what warehouse, and by what method it should ship, and even at the delivery level when it’s their service, the timing and order of stops is all predetermined in some way the algorithm has established as being most efficient.

But if anything breaks down within the algorithm’s purview - whether that’s a mismatch between item and packaging choice, what carrier is used or even what order it assigns deliveries to be made in - it’s nearly impossible for you as a customer to reach a human who has some kind of mechanism to intervene. Customer service representatives have the ability to manually issue a refund or ask for an item to be reshipped but they don’t have the ability or authority to actually call a local warehouse or delivery service and point out a specific mistake to be remedied.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just curious, have you contacted Amazon CS and if so, what did they say? I have had a few negative delivery experiences with them but for the most part as soon as I contacted Amazon CS a remedy was underway and fairly quickly. Or is this an experiment to see if, left to their own devices, they'll eventually get it right?

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
So I’ve been busy all week doing other things and didn’t have the time to contact Amazon customer support until today. They told me the driver tried multiple times to deliver the package but couldn’t gain entry to the business.

I had to get a haircut at SportClips this morning so I drove across the street to Staples to see if any of the employees or the manager knew if Amazon had been delivering or skipping them. This is what I found.

IMG_0421.jpeg

Staples is permanently closed in this location. Funny, because I bought printer ink there last Friday and didn’t see any signage stating they were going to close and the employee who checked me out didn’t say a word about it. There was a sign that didn’t show up in the pic above that stated this location would be permanently closing on May 10th. That sign was not there on May 3rd.

I’ve cancelled that delivery and have reordered both titles for delivery to my house. I’ll be traveling for two weeks but hopefully, my wife or dad will bring the packages in before porch pirates run off with them.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
So it sounds like they also shut down the Amazon Locker service and didn't bother to notify Amazon, then didn't, or wouldn't, allow the delivery person to leave anything, again, not notifying Amazon, and the delivery person has nothing in the system to indicate the real issue.

I've considered using Amazon Locker services due to USPS issues at our new house (longish story I may post at some point) - but the locations keep bouncing around town (2 within a half mile of the house have opened, run a few months, and shut down). It sounds/looks like running that service is a real pain as both of those earlier locations *did* have issues with the process as I tried them each *once* and said "Nope... not again." The first was at a PakMail location and they just weren't set up for it at all - had to look for my package and then almost didn't give it to me because they couldn't figure out how to check it in/out (they finally got it done - took ~10 minutes). The second was in a "quick shop" which has *tons* of gasoline purchasing traffic and you had to wait in line at the registers to claim your package (which had to be retrieved from a back location) so I'm sure the Amazon Locker wasn't an "easy" addition for anyone. The current location is further away than I care to drive so haven't yet bothered. Amazon's supposedly putting in a warehouse here so maybe they'll set up a location there or in a dedicated storefront somewhere that does nothing but hand out Amazon packages.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
What kills me about this story...yes stores close all the time. But the fact that the Amazon driver either didn't let their superiors know (or have no way of letting them know) like "hey, FYI that store shut down so we gotta tell all these people to pick another locker..." just floors me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What kills me about this story...yes stores close all the time. But the fact that the Amazon driver either didn't let their superiors know (or have no way of letting them know) like "hey, FYI that store shut down so we gotta tell all these people to pick another locker..." just floors me.
common sense lol GIF by Lifetime

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That must have been above the driver's pay grade. ;)

I had some weirdness going on with our Amazon account recently. We have a 2nd home in South Carolina, so I have that address listed a secondary delivery address on our account. After spending about 6 weeks down there and having a few orders delivered to that location, we returned to Michigan. At that point, every order we attempted to place was defaulting to our South Carolina address, even though our Michigan address was listed as the default shipping address. After almost sending a few orders to SC, on a whim I changed the default shipping address from Michigan to SC, then immediately back to Michigan. Problem solved -- all orders now use the proper Michigan address.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Yeah, if you set delivery to a particular locker, there is no way to re-route delivery to another locker or address. It’s all working out. I’ve already received refunds for both Oceans films and O-11 was delivered to my house today. Wifey already retrieved the package from the side door by the garage and it’s safe and sound on the kitchen counter. O-13 experienced a problem while shipping and has been delayed again. 🤣 Meanwhile, Once Upon a Time in the West has shipped and should be delivered to a locker close to my hotel in Baton Rouge that I verified this afternoon is functioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks