What's new

Finally buying a new car (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm on my 4th Miata now. I've had that many due to ups and downs on my finances, e.g. new versus old beaters. I got a great deal used on a 2018 ND with only 600 miles on it (long story). My research on the direct-injection design Mazda uses shows it doesn't have the intake valve deposits issues most other manufacturers have.

This lead me to consider the CX-5 CUV as opposed to the Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV-4. The CX-5 also has a "traditional" 6 speed AT as opposed to those crappy CVTs. Reviews said the CX-5 handled better than the other two. In fact they said the CX-5 was a "budget priced Porsche Macan". Actually a "half priced Macan". I've been pleased with my $30K CX-5 and suggest other people consider it. My non-turbo version gets on average about 28 mpg around town.

2018 ND Miata Club
2023 CX-5

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Tesla was never a real contender for my next car purchase but Elon laying off the entire group responsible for building new super charging stations, thus shooting himself in the foot outside of major metropolitan areas, just solidified my decision to never own one.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Easy to predict infrastructure will never be adequate for the masses to have one. Just won’t work for everyone.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m already thinking I’ll just buy another Civic next year and be done with it. I love the one I have now. Right now, I’m bouncing between another hatchback Sport and a Type-R. I really like the latest Type-R and think it looks better than the last gen did. I can deal with the price difference but I don’t know if I want to mess with a manual transmission with all the stop and go driving I’ll be doing in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. IMG_0395.jpeg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’m already thinking I’ll just buy another Civic next year and be done with it. I love the one I have now. Right now, I’m bouncing between another hatchback Sport and a Type-R. I really like the latest Type-R and think it looks better than the last gen did. I can deal with the price difference but I don’t know if I want to mess with a manual transmission with all the stop and go driving I’ll be doing in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. View attachment 221276
Surprised that you can still get a stick shift, without special order.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I drove a manual transmission tractor trailer for quite a few years- never have owned a stick shift car. I know I’d try to float the gears, and I have heard it doesn’t work. 🤪

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I have a row of trees right behind my house, which birds have nested in for a long time. They like to crap all over my cars, especially around the right side mirror- strange. Can anyone suggest a cleaning product that breaks up the bird poop? The car wash I take my vehicles to can’t get all of it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks