What's new
World Wide Stereo

Marantz SR7000 tips & tricks? (1 Viewer)

NHCondon

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan
Hi everyone, I just joined here because I bought a (dusty) SR7000 for a song. This is my first foray into Home audio or surround sound so please be gentle! I am really trying to keep the cost WAY low but I realize technology has advanced in 24 years LOL...

I am mostly after great audio for music and this model has a tasty sound. I should mention that I don't have the original remote, it's a RC5300 that came with it.

Right now I am setting up my speaker cabinets and I also grabbed a Fidek surround setup for cheap for when I want to watch movies. I have a Polk powered sub I can add too.

My first question is about adding WiFi streaming capability (moreso than Bluetooth) for the best audio possible. Looking at WiiM mini or Arylic Up2Stream Mini to plug into Aux input. Is this the best way to do it?

Thanks to anyone who has time to help!!

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to Home Theater Forum!

My first question is about adding WiFi streaming capability (moreso than Bluetooth) for the best audio possible. Looking at WiiM mini or Arylic Up2Stream Mini to plug into Aux input. Is this the best way to do it?

You are on the right track. You will need a streaming device with an audio output (probably a 3.5 mm jack) that can plug into the Marantz.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale