What's new

Never doubt the power of a DSLR for movies again (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Neat. I'm impressed by the cooperation of various people and shops supporting your shoot. Was that you behind that camera in the outtake?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cool. I used to do Toastmasters (and need to find a new club), so I have a feel for what it takes to write a 5-ish minute short story. But it's different type of effort film it, and coordinate the team, etc.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We were literally herding cats (and goats!) this time! :) but yes lots of give and take in the process. The inclination to do everything your way and win every debate is a humbling learning process. I feel like a better team member, heck a better person, for doing it each year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I finally had a chance to watch your film, Sam. It turned out very well -- nice job! Like Dave, I was impressed with the cooperation you got from some of the local business people. It must have been a lot of fun to make.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We didn't make the best of cut, oh well!My fellow Savage a Dog just made his directorial debut with a hiphop music video, give it a whirl if you can, please!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XecKDjepmXA&app=desktop

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Sam Posten said:

Last time we were in Yellowstone (about 4 years ago), I saw a couple of people walking around with iPads and using them as point & shoot cameras. It just looked odd and cumbersome to me. I have not noticed it often since then -- maybe once in Alaska last summer.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So this happened...
13662339_10157171986030525_5699492140060413467_o.jpg

More to follow on the 17th....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfarrukh
Recent bookmarks