Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
GettyImages-487752177.jpg

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Terrible news.
I’ve been one of his biggest fans ever since I heard Rebel Rouser on my portable radio back in 1958.
I actually got to know him and ran the US version of his fan club back in the late seventies, early eighties.
He was a nice guy and at times not treated as well as he should have been by the music industry.
He was an innovator, great musician, and an influence to many.
I myself learned to play guitar because of him, and I’m the proud owner of a Duane Eddy Model Gretsch guitar.
He’ll be missed…..

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Probably my first musical hero. His inaugural album was given to me in 1958, and I played it endlessly. I have all his albums and play them regularly. Thanks, Duane, for countless hours of great music (and music, as we all know, truly does "soothe the savage beast). "The Lonely One," "Because They're Young," and scores of memorable album tracks...got me through a lot of challenging times. R.I.P., sir.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
With the passing of Duane Eddy, most of the original pre 1960 pioneers of rock and roll are now gone.
Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Carl Perkins, Jack Scott, The Ventures, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, The Coasters, The Drifters, Bobby Darin,
The Platters, Bo Diddly, Kingston Trio, Etta James, Johnny Cash , Laverne Baker, many others all gone.
Only Dion and Brenda Lee remain.
Sad, especially for those of us who grew up on this music and heard it every day on our portable radios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks