What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, Secret Beyond the Door… After arriving in America, master German director Fritz Lang made his auspicious Hollywood debut with Fury (1936). Over the next decade, Lang dabbled in different genres but soon found the burgeoning film noir genre in the 1940’s to be well suited for him and his past experience in German Expressionism was put to great use. The decade brought some of his finest works in America, including Man Hunt (1941), Hangmen Also Die! (1943), Ministry of Fear (1944), The Woman in the Window (also 1944) and Scarlet Street (1945); however, one of his interesting efforts in the noir genre during this time was...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have the Arrow edition (as part of the Four Film Noir Classics box set). I had the Olive edition, but got rid of it when I got the Arrow. But it sounds like it's worth getting this, too. Kino has already released Force of Evil, and if they manage to do the same with The Dark Mirror and The Big Combo, I might be able to get rid of the Arrow set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks