What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

20000 Leagues Under The Sea and In Search of the Castaways — DMC Exclusives Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Was 95° here yesterday, quietly looks out the window to see if hell has frozen over. About time and yes this is a reason to finally join that club. Also agree with everybody else going to put my DVD in the same case just because it'll probably be Bare Bones I don't care. This is where Uncle Walt's idea of a family movie shined.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Fantastic news! I recently picked up the 20,000 Leagues Intrada soundtrack CD (along with Johnny Tremain).
Glad to see this becoming available. Time for me to re-join soon.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
YESSSSSSS :dance::drum::banana::dancing-banana-04::popcorn::welcome::cheers:
I'm hoping it's a new scan of 20,000 Leagues IMdb says it was released in 4-track stereo (I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron ;)) but I remember it having directional audio when I saw it on a re-release in my Yoot ... I let me tell you it was a whale of a tale!

One of my favorite childhood LPs
main_1522950670-Vintage-1963-Walt-Disney-20000-Leagues-Under-The-Sea-Vinyl-Record-Album-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I couldn't wait to see the film :)!

I loved that record, too.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! Simply awesome! Hopefully they'll both be huge sellers for Disney which would encourage them to get some other wanted stuff out like The Moonspinners, Light In The Forest, Black Hole, Happiest Millionaire (Roadshow cut, of course) and Third Man On The Mountain.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is, of course, the long-awaited news we had been waiting for.

I figured I was only going to be able to watch 20,000 Leagues on Disney+

Looks like I am going to have to rejoin the DMC when it is available as an introductory title.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like I am going to have to rejoin the DMC when it is available as an introductory title.

Given recent patterns, I would expect it to an enrollment pick around mid to end of August assuming the 6/18 release day holds -- 8 to 9 weeks is common though 13 wks (90Days) is possible. Mary Poppins Returns became eligible today -- 9 weeks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
David, I’m sure you’ve covered this before so apologies in advance for the repeated question. I’m thinking of canceling my account so I can enroll in one of those “free shipping for life” plans. I’m just waiting for DMC to receive and process a return/refund before making the call. Once I cancel, how long do I have to wait to sign up again? And it’s easier to get a better selection of titles by enrolling over the phone these days?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Josh many people including myself have cancelled and resigned the same day.

I don’t know if we have one here but there’s a substantial topic over at Blu-ray.com with all the info you could imagine.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Disney showed a new print strike or restoration years ago when the El Capitan in Hollywood had just opened. Took my son to see it, what an enjoyment.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Disney showed a new print strike or restoration years ago when the El Capitan in Hollywood had just opened. Took my son to see it, what an enjoyment.

That had to be back in 1991 when it reopened, because it first opened back in 1926, 28 years before the movie came out.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Actually I got the date wrong on the reopening of the theater. I saw the film in 2003, which was about 8 years after it reopened.

As a LAFD fire inspector, I had the privilege to walk thru the whole theater including the entire building. Wow, they dropped a bundle restoring it.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Also agree with everybody else going to put my DVD in the same case just because it'll probably be Bare Bones I don't care. This is where Uncle Walt's idea of a family movie shined.

Kinda like I did with my earlier DVDs of The Parent Trap (1961 & 1998) and Freaky Friday (2003). Purchased new 2 disc Blu-ray cases (clear versions) and moved all discs and artwork into those cases.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Actually I got the date wrong on the reopening of the theater. I saw the film in 2003, which was about 8 years after it reopened.

As a LAFD fire inspector, I had the privilege to walk thru the whole theater including the entire building. Wow, they dropped a bundle restoring it.

1991-2003 is 12 not 8.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David, I’m sure you’ve covered this before so apologies in advance for the repeated question. I’m thinking of canceling my account so I can enroll in one of those “free shipping for life” plans. I’m just waiting for DMC to receive and process a return/refund before making the call. Once I cancel, how long do I have to wait to sign up again? And it’s easier to get a better selection of titles by enrolling over the phone these days?

The phone enrollment isn't much help anymore other than for the bonus items if they aren't on the Selected Short list. If you're not enrolled online since they updated the web 18 months or so ago, it's very different than it used to be. They really have clamped down on those YMMV choices some people used to get. I find it easier to use the web site to enroll though it, enter all the email information/billing/shipping upfront and then call/chat to add or change the bonus items if I don't like their choices.

If the only reason you want to cancel/re-enroll is to get Free Shipping and you don't really have a pile of discs you need, a few people are reporting that when they call to cancel mentioning re-enroll to get the Free Shipping Code that the CSR are offering some an option just to add Free Shipping to your current account. OTOH, if you have 6-9 items you need there is no cheaper way to get them than by a new cycle (it's 20-30% cheaper than even the best B1 G60% deal)

Making a short story long"
How fast you can re-enroll is a bit variable and depends on how you cancel and if you want to use the same email address.
You can cancel by email, phone, or chat. Email adds quite a few days to the delay so I strongly suggest doing it by chat or phone. By phone or chat the reps seem to check your acct for outstanding issues and nothing is pending which can expedite purging your current account. I actually prefer chat so I can save the transcript and I specifically ask "I'm going to re-enroll to take advantage of a Promo Code, how quickly can I do a new enrollment?" Typically -- a variation of "A few days if you use the same email address or almost immediately if you want to use a different email address." I also think they will push the cancel if you tell them you wish to re-enroll soon.

I strongly prefer using a new email address since it seems to avoid 95% of the problems with accts not clearing quickly or fully, but you can use everything identically if you want.
1) Once you cancel you should get an confirmation email in a couple hrs or couple days once you acct is fully cleared.
2) Fairly quickly after you cancel (as soon as you hang up sometimes) -- if you try to sign it you'll get a message "this email/password combination is disabled" This is an interim designation and not the final stage so DON"T sign up with the same email at this stage though you probably would be safe using a new email
3) in 24 hrs to 4 business days you should eventually get a message "The combination of your email address and password does not exist. Please try again." This is the final stage and you should be clear to sign up with this email address now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aww, but then I’d have to join that place ;)
Thanks Tony! :)

Nah -- the only 2 sub-forums you have to register to read -- the Trade Forum which makes sense and Dead Deals section for some reason. Post 1 and 2 are the most important but almost every conceivable question and situation has been covered inside the thead and often most of them in the last 2-3 pages since even with the FAQ so many questions are repeated multiple time

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If the only reason you want to cancel/re-enroll is to get Free Shipping and you don't really have a pile of discs you need, a few people are reporting that when they call to cancel mentioning re-enroll to get the Free Shipping Code that the CSR are offering some an option just to add Free Shipping to your current account.

That’s good to know! There’s stuff I can get to make an enrollment package but I’d also be happy to keep my current membership if they’d let me add that. I’ll give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks