What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

77 Sunset Strip / Hawaiian Eye, etc. (2 Viewers)

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
when it comes to warner properties being removed by youtube, thats just sop for time warner, they habe always been very protectionist realtive to other companies when it comes to their classic material, so this purge of warner copyrighted material does not portend a forthcoming dvd release of the dtective shows for me (since it happens once every month or so), but that warner still gaurds every peice of its copyright li

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Been recording a couple episodes a week of 77 Sunset Strip.
Like it so far. Although Kookie's slang gets a bit over the top.
Interesting episode was the remake of "Dial M For Murder" called "The Fifth Stair" with Julie Adams and Richard Long in the Grace Kelly and Ray Milland roles.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
In "The Pasadena Caper", the hauling the car out of the water scene is taken from the movie, THE BIG SLEEP. You can see Humphrey Bogart and Regis Toomey, in the foreground from behind.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Me-TV in the Philadelphia area just started up a HDTV channel Chips looks good, haven't checked out any other show yet.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'd be curious to see if they are going to air the traditional U.S. syndication package of 149, which omits seasons five and six, or if they will air the entire run. Their streaming site had up 19 fifth season episodes and those were never syndicated anywhere in the world.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'd be curious to see if they are going to air the traditional U.S. syndication package of 149, which omits seasons five and six, or if they will air the entire run. Their streaming site had up 19 fifth season episodes and those were never syndicated anywhere in the world.

The Warner instant archive site had season 5 and 6 episodes posted. Are they currently on a different streaming site?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It would nice if METV used the 4 AM time slot to run all the Warner Bros detective series. Like after the run thru 77 Sunset Strip they start Hawaiian Eye, then Surfside Six, and Bourbon Street Beat.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Been recording a couple episodes a week of 77 Sunset Strip.
Interesting episode was the remake of "Dial M For Murder" called "The Fifth Stair" with Julie Adams and Richard Long in the Grace Kelly and Ray Milland roles.

They also remade "Strangers On A Train" as "One False Step " The
strangers met on a plane on the 77 Sunset Strip version. Richard Long was also in "One False Step".

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Correct but are they streaming somewhere now? They've been off Warner for months.

Don't know. I only had the Warner streaming when it was a test service (and before they put up a copyguard on their shows :D). Once it became a pay service and you could no longer burn DVDs, I lost interest.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They also remade "Strangers On A Train" as "One False Step " The strangers met on a plane on the 77 Sunset Strip version. Richard Long was also in "One False Step".

An interesting exercise is to see how many old Warner Bros film plots you can spot in the 1950's and 1960's Warner Bros TV shows . I know one early episode of Cheyenne was a redo of the Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Clint Walker essentially playing the Walter Huston character complete with crazy laugh at the end.

As mentioned earlier Warner Bros. would use plots from stories they owned as the first episode of a series broadcast to avoid paying fees to the creator of the series. Unrelated to Warners, Sol Saks made millions as the creator of "Bewitched" . The only episode he ever wrote was the pilot.

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Saw the episode "Only Zeroes Count" with Robert Conrad's character "Tommy Lopaka" making a crossover appearance from HAWAIIAN EYE.

Later saw Mary Tyler Moore(Billed as Mary Moore) in the episode "Thanks for Tomorrow". She plays Adam West husband.
Good Horse Racing con/set up mystery with Brad Dexter as the bad guy.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Saw the episode "Only Zeroes Count" with Robert Conrad's character "Tommy Lopaka" making a crossover appearance from HAWAIIAN EYE.

Later saw Mary Tyler Moore(Billed as Mary Moore) in the episode "Thanks for Tomorrow". She plays Adam West husband.
Good Horse Racing con/set up mystery with Brad Dexter as the bad guy.

Agree but I think Mary plays Adam's wife, not husband :)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The episode, "Secret Island" aired the other day. At the end of the episode, the characters are listening to a radio. There are four or five voices speaking over the radio. Three of them are Anthony Eisley, Troy Donahue, and Bob Conrad.

And the uncredited airliner co-pilot, at the start. Is that Chris George, or Jack Ging, maybe?

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
My TV Guide channel says that Decades TV Network is airing "Girl On The Run" this Friday, May 9th at 10:30 am eastern time and again at 12:30 a.m. Sat., May 10th eastern time. This is the pilot episode of the series (that also saw some release as a theatrical movie) wherein Edd Byrnes plays a killer instead of Kookie.
It's followed at Noon and 2 a.m. both showings by the 90 minute TV movie of THE BLUE KNIGHT with George Kennedy.
AND... on Sunday, May 12th, Decades is airing the 90 minute pilot of LONGSTREET with James Franciscus. It's airing once only Sunday at 10:30 a.m. eastern time

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
My TV Guide channel says that Decades TV Network is airing "Girl On The Run" this Friday, May 9th at 10:30 am eastern time and again at 12:30 a.m. Sat., May 10th eastern time. This is the pilot episode of the series (that also saw some release as a theatrical movie) wherein Edd Byrnes plays a killer instead of Kookie.
It's followed at Noon and 2 a.m. both showings by the 90 minute TV movie of THE BLUE KNIGHT with George Kennedy.
AND... on Sunday, May 12th, Decades is airing the 90 minute pilot of LONGSTREET with James Franciscus. It's airing once only Sunday at 10:30 a.m. eastern time

Is this an old post that got reposted? This Friday (today) is not May 9th. It is March 10th. Confusing post.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks, John, for spotting "Girl On The Run". It starts soon this morning, Friday, Mar. 10 at 10:30 AM.

Monday (early Tuesday), with the episode, "Ten Cents A Death", the METV broadcasts start showing the 77 Sunset episodes that pick up where the DECADES binge stopped.

Heard Roger Moore's voice coming over the radio in the recently shown, "Vacation With Pay".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks