What's new
World Wide Stereo

A cheap Android tablet PC (1 Viewer)

GloriaO

Auditioning
Real Name
Gloria
Hi. I want to buy a cheap 10inch Android tablet PC.
I have a Samsung tablet PC for work, but my kid loves to play it.
I just need a cheap tablet that can be used to watch videos, read e-books, and other basic entertainment functions.
I think those two tablet PCs are good so far, Best buy and iMeshBeam.
Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have generally been thoroughly unimpressed with any of the super-cheap generic tablets I've used or listened to other people
complain about. Constant complaint about them breaking, not working, agonizingly slow, etc

You didn't say how old the kids were or if you have Amazon Prime.
The Amazon Fire 10 is about as low as I'd go.
There are also some decent pure Android Samsung and Lenovo pretty cheap (low $100 range) tablets or even a slightly used/refurb model that I feel would be far better values than the typical $60 units.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
How low is cheap? I've had good luck with the Lenovo M-series (I've got two 8" models) just to use out on the deck and such.
The M8 was $100, and the M10 is $150,

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
If it is for the kid, I'd recommend a Fire Tablet if you have Amazon Prime. You can set time limits on it, set up the child's own Prime Video profile/watchlist, and if he/she breaks it, you are not out hundreds of dollars. Digiland, Insignia, and iMeshBeam are total garbage with horrible touch screens that need a lot of pressure for them to recognize your finger movements and have agonizingly slow processors and anemic memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks