What's new
World Wide Stereo

A&E/History Channel sale (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Some real bargains to be had. How about the Homicide: Life on the Streets 5-season set (with the TV movie finale and the flip side episodes from the Law & Order cross-overs) for $39.99? Unfortunately I already have most of the stuff I would want from this sale, but that doesn't mean some of you can't benefit. :D

Regards,

Joe

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I took advantage of this sale, Joe, to pick up the complete Emma Peel collection of "The Avengers," even though I had a few of the two disc sets already in my collection. A&E is also discounting another 20% today (12/27) so I was able to get the whole kit and caboodle for $40 plus shipping. The bonus disc in this set alone is selling for $20 at various online retailers ($25 at A&E).

The Avengers Emma Peel Collector's Edition DVD Megaset

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Bob:

I hate you. :)

That's another one I bought last year, for a lot more. (Although I got far and away the best price at the time and have been enjoying it for many months.)

Regards,

Joe

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Phew! THAT's a long list to look through.

There are also many nice deals on the mlb World Series sets/discs. Some are listed in the early pages while others are listed at the far end!

I got a copy of the 2004 World Series set for a nice price at a similar sale quite awhile ago.

Can't beat some of these prices...on titles that are not always easy to find.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Apparently, there's also a 2-day sale (thru 12/28) that gives an additional 20% off your entire order (yes, it stacks ON TOP of the discount for this sale). I used a $5 gift certificate they e-mailed me a few weeks ago (which pretty much paid for the tax) to get the MN Twins and Cincinnati Reds World Series sets for $53 - good deal for two 7-disc sets.

Thanks for the head's up. :emoji_thumbsup: Maybe I should start reading all the e-mails I get from A&E - I got an e-mail about this but apparently didn't read it.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get the last four Avengers sets I was missing... for $7.98 a piece!

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Mary_P

Second Unit
Hey, Joseph,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just a note here to let you know, though, that the link on the "Homicide" set is to the "Complete Season 5," not the 7-season box set that includes the L&O crossovers and the final movie. I'm not even finding that set on their website, which seems a little strange!

Thanks for the pointer though -- looks like lots of other good stuff on the sale!

Mary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks