What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Morgan -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Morgan, directed by Luke Scott, brings to mind the old adage of the apple not falling far from the tree.

And in this case, we are the beneficiaries of that knowledge passed down from father to son.

I've been a fan of Ridley Scott's work since on The Duelists in 1977. Alien, Blade Runner, and many other works have done nothing to temper that respect.

For Morgan, it's a slightly different take on the replicants we've grown to love, as seen in Blade Runner.

Here, for his first film as director, Scott the Younger, creates a world not unlike those we've seen his father bring to the screen. A lower budget, a smaller cast. Everything controlled.

Cinematography is superb, especially reproducing the mist of those very special upstate New York primordial forests, even if they were shot in Ireland.

Anya Taylor-Joy, who you'll remember from The Witch, is at the center of the tale here, which I'll not discuss, as the pleasure is in the viewing.

Fox's 4k Ultra HD release is gorgeous, and a positive use of HDR, as the black levels in this film are deep. I had to bring my projection lamp us a few points, but zero problems.

The film was shot digitally at 2.8k, and up-rezzed to 4, with beautiful results.

Audio, DTS-HD MA 7.1 is rich and room-filling.

I wish Mr. Scott well, and look forward to seeing what he'll be sharing with us in the future.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks