What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I thought it prudent to give a heads up to anyone interested in owning hand-pulled lithographic copies of classic movie posters, originally published by S2 Art Editions. The collection of approximately 60 titles is being represented by the Scottsdale Art Group, and stock is running low.

Originally partnered with the AFI, beginning in the late '90s, they've beautifully recreated some of the most iconic images in film history.

I found out about this from a friend who just ordered Stagecoach. Many are sold out, inclusive of some that I attempted to order.

So, if move posters are your thing, check out their site. Standard one and three sheet sizes, with several gorgeous threes, inclusive of King Kong, for which they have only a few signed by Ms Wray.

I fear these will be showing up on eBay at exorbitant prices in the near future. These are art lithos, on heavy stock, hand produced, not 4-color copies. Apparently produced in the hundreds, not thousands. The images below are a couple that I ordered.

I am not tied in with this company in any way, and have no financial interest. Just saw them, and thought it best to share before they're gone.

1613769441476.png
1613769594902.png

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Robert Harris They obviously have been around for a while if they had a King Kong autographed by Fay Wray. I was delighted to see the video featuring CFTBL. I had no idea the process included redrawing the original in separate colors. Fascinating. I’ll have to see if I can overcome the WAF to get CFTBL.

Curse you Robert. ;)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Has anyone here purchased and have in their possession one of these posters? Are you happy with it? Tomorrow I’m going to try to hurdle the WAF. I have my eye on The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I wonder what King Kong signed by Fay Wray went for?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Has anyone here purchased and have in their possession one of these posters? Are you happy with it? Tomorrow I’m going to try to hurdle the WAF. I have my eye on The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I wonder what King Kong signed by Fay Wray went for?
The signed Kong 3-sheet is around $1,800 vs 675 unsigned.

Last edited:

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I am not seeing anything but the unsigned King Kong poster right now, but that is lovely enough as is. Ye gods, that is calling my name, but it would be a tough sell with my wife even at the $695. Thinking about how to negotiate. . .

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I am not seeing anything but the unsigned King Kong poster right now, but that is lovely enough as is. Ye gods, that is calling my name, but it would be a tough sell with my wife even at the $695. Thinking about how to negotiate. . .
The signed are apparently part of a secret stash. I was sent some images, which I’ll post later.

Best to begin the discussion with a need for larger wall space, and that you’re going to fund a larger home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks