What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Letter To Julie Kirgo of Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I’ve collected Twilight Time Blu-rays since you started up seven or eight years ago, and have almost never been disappointed with their quality and special features, especially your commentaries and liner notes. You and Nick and Brian certainly built an amazing business model out of little but your love of classic movies. Most of us cannot come close to achieving this sort of enterprise, and while you were probably walking a financial tightrope most of the time, you were able to bring to us movies that you love and wanted to make available to collectors, most of them ones we would never have on our shelves if not for the three of you.
The sad elephant in the room now is Nick’s passing, and, as much as we all “loved” Nick the way people can love others whom they’ve never met, we’ll never feel the loss in the way you did and do. After listening to him on so many audio tracks, I really do feel as though I’ve met him. I watched BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA again last night, and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Thank you, Dick, for beautifully stating what many of us here at HTF feel about Nick, Julie, and Twilight Time.

It has been such a pleasure to own and watch these wonderfully remastered titles on Blu-ray, to read Julie's insightful liner notes, and to listen to Julie and Nick's entertaining commentary tracks for many of those titles.

We can only imagine the difficult time it's been for Julie and fellow TT business partner Brian Jamieson during these months since Nick's untimely passing, but we hope they will eventually decide to continue the tradition of releasing fine and worthy films in the Blu-ray format. Our thoughts and best wishes are with them.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Julie Kirgo will be doing the commentary on Flicker Alley's restored Trapped blu ray. I stand to be corrected but apparently she is no longer part of the Twilight Time company based on comments in another thread.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Bravo. Julie Kirgo is outstanding and we miss her. She actually gives interesting behind the scenes production information as well as background on the actors and artists involved in the production. Kino's latest bunch of commentators seem to just give us psychoanalysis and social commentary on what the film means and leave off any comment on major actors and players in the production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks