What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Alien (FX) (2 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'll give this the benefit of the doubt, but other than the visuals, I haven't liked a single, solitary thing that Scott has done with his Alien prequels. Hoping that this will be better, but not expecting it to be.

The biggest downfall of the prequels was just horrid writing and no direction at all as to where it was all going. Which ended up determined by who Scott felt was the best character I think.

I'm not excited for this, mostly because there has been nothing good about the Alien universe since Aliens but if they ignore the prequel nonsense and most everything else beyond the first two films...it could be decent or better if the writing is good. I almost feel that this may be a better place for this universe now than feature films. We'll see.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not excited for this, mostly because there has been nothing good about the Alien universe since Aliens but if they ignore the prequel nonsense and most everything else beyond the first two films...it could be decent or better if the writing is good. I almost feel that this may be a better place for this universe now than feature films. We'll see.
If this show is anything like Legion was, it'll do its own thing with the slimmest of connections to any of the other good or bad iterations of Alien.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
If this show is anything like Legion was, it'll do its own thing with the slimmest of connections to any of the other good or bad iterations of Alien.

Some things I would think about when attempting this series:

1. This is an Alien series and so that appears to mean you have to bring the Xeno into it somehow.

2. It is set on Earth. This means you have to establish how the Xeno gets to Earth. Somebody has to leave Earth to get a Xeno at least.

3. As far as we know the Xeno does not travel on its own. It appears a lot more like a bug or parasite. So, they don't have their own spaceships and pretty much don't seem interested in going anywhere unless somebody bothers them.

4. The general atmosphere of this universe is all over the map and really there is not much that makes the films cohesive and so, in truth, you would be best to ignore most of them.

5. As Ridley himself has said the Xeno itself is so played out that it is basically a parody of itself at this point so, you need something else to make this series compelling. Good well-drawn characters would be a nice start. The Xeno has no personality. It kills you and uses your body as a nest.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Some things I would think about when attempting this series:

1. This is an Alien series and so that appears to mean you have to bring the Xeno into it somehow.

2. It is set on Earth. This means you have to establish how the Xeno gets to Earth. Somebody has to leave Earth to get a Xeno at least.

3. As far as we know the Xeno does not travel on its own. It appears a lot more like a bug or parasite. So, they don't have their own spaceships and pretty much don't seem interested in going anywhere unless somebody bothers them.

4. The general atmosphere of this universe is all over the map and really there is not much that makes the films cohesive and so, in truth, you would be best to ignore most of them.

5. As Ridley himself has said the Xeno itself is so played out that it is basically a parody of itself at this point so, you need something else to make this series compelling. Good well-drawn characters would be a nice start. The Xeno has no personality. It kills you and uses your body as a nest.
Watch Fargo or Legion and you may have a better guess as to what Noah Hawley would do with Alien or how he isn't beholden to the original take on the material. Fargo is set in the same world as the movie but is definitely its own great thing and Legion has almost no resemblance to X-Men comics or movies and borders on the surreal (for TV anyway). I feel bad for anyone that watched Legion thinking they were getting an adaptation of the comics or hoping for a Hugh Jackman cameo because they certainly didn't get that. :laugh:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
CrashAvPG-1-701x293.jpg

DiscoveryAvPG-701x329.jpg

XenoShaftAvPG-701x328.jpg

Thanks to Avpgalaxy.net for the scoop

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks