What's new

Amazon Share the Love Phasing Out? (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just placed an Amazon order and after placing it did not see an opportunity to "Share the Love." Does anyone know if this is just a small glitch or are they phasing the promotion out?

I also had less items in my Share the Love list than I expected.

I also didn't see the A9 piece of the pie discount when placing my order.

Neil

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Many other people are also reporting that they cannot send STLs out, but some people are still able to. It seems that Amazon is selectively disabling STL for some people. A9 discounts also seem alot harder to get now. Some people have reported that after they've done a number of searches that the A9 discount has come back.
We don't know for certain exactly what their intentions are, other than Amazon knows about it and it seems to be intentional. Perhaps they consider the mass STLs going around as STL abuse, and wish to curtail it. Or maybe they just want to reduce STLs around the holidays, and everything will be back to "normal" in a month.

Bad timing for me, as I was hoping for an STL discount on the Matrix boxset. Seeing as I don't have one in my list right now, I think I'll just order it from DDD for $3.50 more. At least DDD ships quicker than Amazon.

-- Dave

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I wrote Amazon a note about the STL and if they say anything of interest I'll report back.

Neil

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
They will certainly lose business from me without STL. It's often just the extra discount that tips the scales in their favor. That, and the fact that I have the Amazon.com VISA card and use the rewards certificates. But I could easily switch VISA cards too if they effectively water down the value by eliminating STL.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Some STL discounts have been arriving to me, but not nearly as many as in the past. I finally received a reply from Amazon:

Neil

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
STL is usually the final decision for me as well...without it I generally don't go with amazon. Their prices are just too high.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I made another order today and use STL discounts on the two items (Gargoyles and Simpsons), but unfortunately again was not able to give any out upon finishing.

Over at the DVTalk forum they have a quick poll there with 10 people who can still do it and 34 who can't.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks