What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order American Pop (1981) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61f0YfP9RPL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
This is a brilliant film that chronicles multiple generations of fathers and sons. It was done during a bleak era for quality animation coming from Disney.
The styling is unique and the film has a first rate musical score. If I have one bone to pick, it would be the film's last sequence. It involves drugs and repressed anger that takes the film down a notch or two at the tale's end. Though still wildly psychedelic, this sequence hasn't aged well or remained timeless like the rest of the film.
I love the double play with the title...
"American Pop" as in generations of fathers passing their love of music on to their sons, and also "American Pop" as in the 40+ Pop songs featured over the 7 decades the movie spans.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Oh my gosh. Saw this in a theater in 1981. Haven't seen it since. But back then I thought it was really good for what it was trying to do. Wish today we had animated films that were not trying to be for everyone, but were more just for those 18 and over....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale