What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple Polishing Cloth (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting guys, I’ve never used any cleaners on my monitor screens or devices. I just used a little water to dampen a high quality Cotten towel, and now good quality microfiber cloth to wipe my screens and devices. It works great.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’ve always used a cheap microfiber cloth that costs maybe a few dollars. I never wet or touch my screen with my fingers so it always looks like a new screen.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I never touch my monitor or laptop screen either. I used to work with a guy I didn’t like very much and had a terrible habit of pointing his finger on my personal Macbook Pro screen to discuss the object on the screen. I finally told him to stop that! It was so annoying and disrespectful. 😠

Of course with iPads and iPhones, it’s impossible not to touch the screen.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I never touch my monitor or laptop screen either. I used to work with a guy I didn’t like very much and had a terrible habit of pointing his finger on my personal Macbook Pro screen to discuss the object on the screen. I finally told him to stop that! It was so annoying and disrespectful. 😠

Of course with iPads and iPhones, it’s impossible not to touch the screen.
For a few years now, I’ve tried to make use of a pen (the non-pointy end) to point to things on screens. We’re evolved apes who point at things: it’s hard not to point at things we’re talking about. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting guys, I’ve never used any cleaners on my monitor screens or devices. I just used a little water to dampen a high quality Cotten towel, and now good quality microfiber cloth to wipe my screens and devices. It works great.
Blow off loose dust with compressed air first, before doing any wet or dry drag cleaning. :)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
A little off topic - but the most common mistakes people make when cleaning screens are the following:

1) Spraying the cleaning solution on the screen directly. Never, ever do this. It sounds silly, but the concentration of the liquid can sometimes be much higher when in bottle form and it's meant to be aerosolized and sprayed onto a cloth. It's also far too easy for the spray droplets to get into charging ports or other air vents.

2) Using an old or previously used towel or microfiber cloth. Clean cloth is critical, as any dust or dirt in the cloth can scratch your screen or coating.

The correct method is to spray the product liberally on a clean (never used for anything else) microfiber cloth and use that to clean the surface with consistent pressure.

Once you've thoroughly cleaned the surface, use a 2nd clean and dry microfiber cloth or the other half of a large cloth, to dry the surface.

This works for TV's, monitors, tablets, unprotected LCDs etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks