What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple "Special Event" Day May 7, 2024 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
let-loose.jpeg

Rumored: iPads

Hoping: New Apple TV

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Need iPad upgrades for my mom & my wife. Both of them are using (one a 12", one a 9.7") first respective edition iPad Pro, neither of them accepts the current iPadOS updates. Saw a rumor of a 13" iPad Air - that might be a good replacement for my mom.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have a 2020 iPad Air and the fancy keyboard case. It’s great.

But I’m interested in upgrading to an m-series iPad for better multitasking. Getting the front facing camera on the long side would also be nice.

This isn’t a must-have upgrade for me. But along with a hopeful m4 Mac mini upgrade this Fall, it will also better unify my overall computing situation.

I’m not sure if I want FaceID in my iPad, though. TouchID works great, and in some key cases, is much better than FaceID for how I use my iPad.

I also don’t want a bigger screen. 10” or 11” is as big I can go with an iPad; the 13” is way too big for much of my use.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hopefully Apple has some iPadOS updates planned to take advantage of all the m3 and m4 power coming next month!

Otherwise, they’re widening the hardware-software gap they’re created the past several years with their hardware teams so far ahead of their iPad software teams.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I use a 9th gen iPad as a media consumption device when I travel for work. It does what it needs to do but I’d like to eventually graduate up to an iPad Pro, just for a 12.9” screen.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I’m ready for an upgrade. Will probably stick with the 11” pro, but it will be nice to have upgrade glass. Don’t know about others, but I use it to view video files from RAIDs via my Mac.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just found this out by accident...

This particular event on May 7th starts three hours earlier than normal.

The start time will be 10am EST

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Start time was right there in the announcement and commented on by all the tech sites 😆

As typical I’m traveling on an Apple announcement day. So will see what’s what that night waiting in the airport. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Start time was right there in the announcement and commented on by all the tech sites 😆

As typical I’m traveling on an Apple announcement day. So will see what’s what that night waiting in the airport. :)

errr..thanks, Dave.

I simply uploaded the banner and found out later. Sorry to disappoint you.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh I misread it. I thought it was 3 hours later than normal. This is great!

You're not the only one. There are quite a lot of posts on the Mac forums/Reddit groups reminding people of the time change because most didn't pick it up when the press release was announced. Everyone is used to the 1 pm PST timeslot Apple uses and just took it for granted it would be the same for this event.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks