What's new

AVR to Sub help (1 Viewer)

techglider

Auditioning
Real Name
Colby
I am in need of a little help connecting my AVR to my subwoofer. I know how to do this but i wanted to know how to get the best connection and QS.
My AVR is a Harmon Kardon AVR-247

The connection is to subwoofer without a Subwoofer in. It only has a L/R input.
Currently i have from my AVR a single subwoofer pre-out going into a Y connector splitting into a L/R that goes into the subwoofer.
Is this bad? Better ways to do this? Soon i will be hooking a BR player up to it with multi-analogs so any advice is helpful.

brandonchenry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon Henry
no need for the y cable. just an rca from you receiver straight to the left input on your sub.

the out-put from your receiver will be sending the full bass track to your sub. since your sub wont play stereo, you dont need to hook up through the left and right at the same time.

having the y cable in there wouldn't hurt anything. it will sound the same with or without it. i just feel like by having it, you are just adding an element where signal could potentailly be lost (due to a faulty connection, or a bad y cable).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

The sub output. As Brandon stated, the LFE channel is mono, so there is no need to split the signal to L/R inputs on your subwoofer. You just need to feed a single cable connection from the receiver's sub output to your left channel sub input. The Y connector should not hurt, but it's an unnecessary element to add to the signal.

techglider

Auditioning
Real Name
Colby

With the Y connector i get this enhanced hum sound.. The hum resembles like the volume for the sub is increased 3x..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss1
Recent bookmarks