What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Batman: The Animated Series coming from Warner in 2018! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wowza...I never expected this, to be honest. Never.

I'm just finishing the last 13 episodes of Justice League Unlimited now and I've been kinda bummed there isn't anything else from the animated DC universe for me to dig into (again). But this is going to hit that spot for me.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
How was the show originally produced? It was computer animation correct? So there would be digital files for the show ? Just wondering if it was original produced for 480i how Warner Bros make it 1080p or 4K.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Funny, I have collected and loved Batman comics for 30 years. I have never seen an episode of this. I take it, it is really decent?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
How was the show originally produced? It was computer animation correct? So there would be digital files for the show ? Just wondering if it was original produced for 480i how Warner Bros make it 1080p or 4K.

Computer animation in 1992? No.
According to imdb it was in 35mm so I guess it will look like the Bluray of the movie.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I agree. Best incarnation of Batman ever! It keeps Bruce Wayne at the center of the story, which the live action feature films have been unable to do. I thought Batman Begins was going to get it right, but the villains took over in "The Dark Knight" and the third one.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Funny, I have collected and loved Batman comics for 30 years. I have never seen an episode of this. I take it, it is really decent?
I think it is but you should probably keep in mind that you'd be seeing it after years of accurate comic book adaptations. In 1992, it was basically the closest portrayal any TV show or movie had ever gotten to a comic book character so it was huge.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Some of the episodes are on the Blu-rays of the new films throughout the last couple of years.
They still look amazing and the music in it is great.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Computer animation in 1992? No.
According to imdb it was in 35mm so I guess it will look like the Bluray of the movie.

So the animation was hand drawn like the Flintstones? I don't remember it being limited amination like Hanna Barbera did .

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
OMG! What is wrong here...It's been 10 days, and this ONLY gets 15 replies to this point, and nothing in over a week? WOW!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
at this point most of everything would be speculation, but if it follows the DVD releases, it should transfer over the special features, what could be added, well that is where we need to see what can happen. It may have started in 1992, but it really has never ended, and is the foundation for the DCAU and is still continuing.......Batman and Harley Quinn anyone? This announcement is only the beginning, so many of the cast could be brought back for retrospectives of the series. And not that it would need it, but there was originally an idea of doing a silent episode, titled "Silent Night " would love to see them have a go at that, just great animation and the music cues.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
OMG! What is wrong here...It's been 10 days, and this ONLY gets 15 replies to this point, and nothing in over a week? WOW!

There's another thread on this in the TV on DVD section, which is probably where this belongs. Perhaps someone can merge the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks