What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International Belle De Jour 50th Anniversary blu ray 4K restoration StudioCanal Region B (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I'm sure there are fans of this erotic masterpiece wondering whether the region B StudioCanal restoration is worth the plunge. I've just received my copy of StudioCanal's 4K restoration of Belle De Jour that was shown at Cannes this year. It's lovely - a comparison with the Criterion leaves the Criterion looking more grainy/noisy, whereas the StudioCanal picture is much fresher and crisper (without any over enthusiastic grain removal). The colour grading is also substantially different - everything from fleshtones to the verdant nature looks more lively on the restored version. A much better restoration than the very disappointing La Strada "restoration" that came out in June. I took a few screenshots with my phone but they really don't do justice to the picture, especially in motion. The StudioCanal is region "B" locked. It cost me $30, including expedited shipping.

Attachments

• Criterion1.jpg
    Criterion1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 386
  • StudioCanal1.jpg
    StudioCanal1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
  • Criterion2.jpg
    Criterion2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 268
  • StudioCanal2.jpg
    StudioCanal2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 242
  • Criterion3.jpg
    Criterion3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 227
  • StudioCanal3.jpg
    StudioCanal3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 242
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Is this the version that's included in the Bunuel box set from SC?

Edit: Looks like it is. I need to order this set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indy7solo
Recent bookmarks