What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

BFI Celebration of Francois Truffaut January 2022 (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The BFI will have a celebration of Francois Truffaut in the UK starting January 2022 with a re-release of some of his films including a 4K restoration of The 400 Blows in theaters. Then in the Spring BFI will release on Blu-ray Jules et Jim, The 400 Blows, The Last Metro and La Peau douce (The Soft Skin). It would be nice if Criterion will release more Truffaut or a nice box set of his films.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I was a member of the BFI for some years, in the late 1960s and early 1970s and their screenings were a great cinema education.
The UK omnibus editions of Truffaut on Blu ray are very generous offerings. But I'm still waiting for The Wild Child and Small Change (or Pocket Money as it's sometimes called).

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
It's been awhile since we had a new Truffaut release and some of the Blu-rays like Two English Girls or Confidentiality Yours (Finally, Sunday) are from the UK and happy i have my all region player. I hope MGM will give the right for The Wild Child, Small Change and The Green Room to Criterion or Kino.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The BFI will release in April and May The 400 Blows, Jules & Jim, The Soft Skin and The Last Metro on Blu-ray. Have the titles released by Criterion so will wait for the reviews on them.

1644164648940.png

1644164681399.png

1644164696289.png

1644164712257.png

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
For big screens, I'll wager these are worth the upgrade. I just recently saw the 2014 Criterion blu-ray of Jules et Jim again; the blu-ray was derived from a 4K restoration. It looks fantastic projected and I'll bet the upcoming 4K UHD is from the same master. However, the old The 400 Blows blu-ray doesn't look so good now.

The Last Metro was in the very first bunch of blu-ray releases, which Criterion released back in 2008. None of them look good projected either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks