What's new

Blondie: The Popular, But Still Unreleased 1938-1950 Columbia Comedy Feature Series! (1 Viewer)

Vivacitythinks

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin Cha
Well here I am bringing up the rear again. I am posting with a mystery I hope you can solve. In one of the only interviews I've viewed of Singleton, she mentions that there are more (maybe many more) than 28 blondie films. She does not clarify whether or not they ever were released in a 1st run. But she wonders aloud where they could be. Anyone know about these films?

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Well here I am bringing up the rear again. I am posting with a mystery I hope you can solve. In one of the only interviews I've viewed of Singleton, she mentions that there are more (maybe many more) than 28 blondie films. She does not clarify whether or not they ever were released in a 1st run. But she wonders aloud where they could be. Anyone know about these films?
No I hope someone can let us knw . Still waiting on blu-rays of these old masterpieces . Its been another 18 months since we last talked about them . Anyone know who has the rights and if they are restored ? Kickstarter from Classic flix would be nice .

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1696495009033.png

1696495043585.png

1696495192374.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
No I hope someone can let us knw . Still waiting on blu-rays of these old masterpieces . Its been another 18 months since we last talked about them . Anyone know who has the rights and if they are restored ? Kickstarter from Classic flix would be nice .
Classicflix tried VCI still trying King Features owns them but farm them out to Lionsgate and Lionsgate in a mess again they do not care about these films

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Are you able to provide a source for that interview?

Beyond that, I have these questions:
- When was the interview conducted? Was it before or after the 1950s television series that starred Arthur Lake and Pamela Britton?

Apart from the above subsequent TV series, to me the idea of there being many more unreleased Blondie features from the 1938-1950 cinematic series canon is inherently very highly unrealistic. Perhaps, Penny Singleton was mixing up memories of the highly successful Blondie radio series she did with Arthur Lake during the same period? Just speculating.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks