What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Interview Bruce Campbell on EVIL DEAD: An Exclusive HTF Interview With Bruce Campbell (1 Viewer)

My favourite Bruce Campbell moment is from Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn, when he attaches the rifle to where his right hand used to be and says "GROOOOVY!!"

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

BRUCE CAMPBELL: I kid you not. I will admit that to the entire world, because I enjoy Lawrence Welk on many levels. One is that you look at the most ridiculous costumes of that time period, and the styles of that show are hilarious because you know a lot of their show was done from the 60s through the 80s and man, you get to watch a show from 1968, it’s awesome, the hair styles, the clothing, the colors, the wide ties, it’s just ridiculous, and look, I am a fan of a group of entertainers, it’s the same people over and over every week, they put on a different themed show every week and I actually like watching performers over a 20 year period, so it’s a ridiculous show and people make fun of it but to me, I just think it’s entertaining as hell.

HTF: Do you know what channel is rerunning that right now?

BRUCE CAMPBELL: PBS. It’s Saturday nights on PBS is the best I could recall.

HTF: Well, I guarantee after people read this interview, there will be a spike in viewership for that.

BRUCE CAMPBELL: (Laughter)Well, it’s just great too that the Evil Dead guy likes Lawrence Welk, I mean, oh, and what’s even more absurd, I have lavender on my property in Oregon, I am a lavender farmer as well.
In the Seattle market this weeks LW show on PBS is a "Tribute to Disney"

LCD22

Screenwriter
My parents were avid watchers of Lawrence Welk, though on occasion now, so PBS had a healthy exposure in my childhood. They haven't caught an episode of Burn Notice yet - I'm still working on it, but they were impressed with Bruce's response to what TV shows he enjoys watching. Always interested what he has to say. I'll admit I've seen him in a few other things but it was this USA Network role that finally won me over. All around great read with some great insights gleaned from him and anecdotes posted here. Thanks for the interview, Timothy.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My favourite Bruce Campbell moment is from Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn, when he attaches the rifle to where his right hand used to be and says "GROOOOVY!!"
I don't know why this Bruce Campbell interview topic showed up in my feed just now, but the above quoted comment is definitely mine! :D

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks