What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Theater Camp (Digital) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SEARCHLIGHT PICTURES’ SWEET AND SATIRICAL
COMEDY GEM, THEATER CAMP, DEBUTS ON HULU AND AT
DIGITAL RETAILERS ON SEPTEMBER 14

“It's hilarious and heartfelt and pitch perfect in every possible way.”

– Alex Billington, First Showing

a258cd84-c7f8-b515-59bf-ce5f09bbecde.png

Watch New Spot Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPydkSP0HDo

BURBANK, CA (August 21, 2023) – Theater kids, and theater kids at heart, rejoice! Searchlight Pictures’ heartwarming and hilarious ode to the stage, Theater Camp, arrives on Digital and Hulu on September 14.

The “sweet, wacky and very funny” film (Johnny Oleksinski, New York Post) is Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™ and Hulu subscribers can stream it beginning September 14 when it debuts on the platform.

Fans can add the movie to their digital collection also on September 14 when Theater Camp becomes available to buy from all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Vudu, with exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus content.

Film Synopsis
Tony Award® winner Ben Platt (Dear Evan Hansen) and Molly Gordon (Booksmart) star in the original comedy Theater Camp as Amos and Rebecca-Diane – lifelong best friends and drama instructors at a rundown camp in upstate New York. When clueless tech-bro Troy (Jimmy Tatro) arrives to run the property — into the ground — Amos, Rebecca-Diane and production manager Glenn (Noah Galvin) band together with the staff and young students, staging a masterpiece to keep their beloved summer camp afloat.

Searchlight Pictures presents, Theater Camp, a Picturestart Production, a Topic Studios Production, a Gloria Sanchez Productions Production. Directed by Molly Gordon & Nick Lieberman, and written by Noah Galvin, Molly Gordon, Nick Lieberman, Ben Platt, based on their short. The film stars Galvin, Gordon, Platt, Tatro, Patti Harrison, Nathan Lee Graham, Ayo Edebiri, Owen Thiele, with Caroline Aaron and Amy Sedaris. Producers are Erik Feig, p.g.a., Samie Kim Falvey, Julia Hammer, p.g.a., Ryan Heller, Maria Zuckerman, Jessica Elbaum, p.g.a., Will Ferrell, Galvin, Gordon, Lieberman, Platt.

Searchlight Pictures acquired Theater Camp following its world premiere at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Ensemble. The film was also part of the SXSW Official Selection in the Narrative Feature section.

Warning: Some flashing-lights scenes in this film may affect photosensitive viewers.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was fortunate enough to see this on its opening night last month at a sold-out screening in Hollywood with the co-director, Nick Liberman, in attendance for a Q&A afterwards. It was a very special experience and the reactions seemed more as if it was a live theatre opening night than a movie. The audience went absolutely crazy for this film.

I am very disappointed -- though not particularly surprised given their recent patterns with Searchlight films -- that Disney appears to be forgoing a physical media release on this title. I guess you have to be an awards magnet like The Banshees of Inisherin in order to get a disc release from Searchlight these days.

Still, I would not hesitate to recommend Theater Camp and will add it to my digital library.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks