What's new
World Wide Stereo

CD Playback Question (1 Viewer)

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Hi, all -- I finally picked up an HD-A1 for myself tonight after reading all of the comments here. I'm still playing around with it, but so far I'm impressed.

I read in another thread that the CD playback circuitry was on the level of many high-end CD players, which was another reason that convinced me to go ahead and buy it. That leads me to this question:

Is there any benefit to connecting the 2-channel audio output to my receiver, or does the optical output provide the optimum performance for CD playback? (I am not connecting the 5.1 outputs of the HD-A1 to my receiver, either; the 5.1 input on my receiver is already connected to my DVD-A/SACD player.)

Naturally, I would like to avoid any redundant connections if possible. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mark

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
First what are the other components involved, receiver, dvd-audio/sacd player, speakers (speakers are the least relevent).

If you have just a basic Best Buy or Circuit City receiver you would be best off using the 2 channel analog out, unless the receiver has a terrible analog section. The HD-A1 has on board processing for some of the newer higher resolution audio formats so not connecting it via 5.1 analog is taking some of the abilities of the HD-A1 away.

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks