What's new
World Wide Stereo

Connecting a Sennheiser RS 175 RF Headphone Optically via HDMI/ARC Splitter Audio Extractor on Yamaha RX-A1050 AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

viperrcr

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
My home theater centers around my Yamaha RX-A1050 A/V receiver.

All of my HDMI devices are connected to my receiver and output via HDMI/ARC Output of the receiver to my Samsung Q65F 4K UHD TV HDMI/ARC Input.

If I hook up a Sennheiser RS 175 RF (radio frequency) wireless headphone transmitter between my HDMI/ARC Out of my A/V receiver with a "HDMI/ARC 4K/60Hz
supported audio extractor switch with optical output" connected inline with the optical input of the headphone transmitter and the pass-though from the extractor to the TV would this work?

Would this work when streaming backwards from Netflix from my TV back through the receiver with the headphones and would I be able to mute my speaker

system so I do not disturb others while listening through the wireless headsets that are connected to that optical connector from the audio extractor?

I do realize that I can use the headphone jack of my receiver with 3.5mm connection directly to the transmitter, but I would prefer digital optical if possible.

Note: This is the HDMI audio extractor switch I am considering on Amazon if this helps (not sure if I can post a link or not):
Avedio links 4K HDMI Audio Extractor, HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink SPDIF + 3.5mm AUX Stereo Audio Out, HDMI Audio Converter Adapter Splitter Support 4K@60Hz Full HD 1080P 3D

Thank you for any help!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If I hook up a Sennheiser RS 175 RF (radio frequency) wireless headphone transmitter between my HDMI/ARC Out of my A/V receiver with a "HDMI/ARC 4K/60Hz
supported audio extractor switch with optical output" connected inline with the optical input of the headphone transmitter and the pass-though from the extractor to the TV would this work?

It seems like it would, but you won’t know until you try.

We use a similar Sennheiser wireless headphone system in our bedroom set-up . The main potential problem I see with your proposal is, the only way to control the volume is via the buttons on the headphones. And if you’re watching a TV show you won’t be able to easily mute the audio. Personally I don’t find any of that terribly appealing – I find the AVR’s remote control to be much more convenient for both volume control and muting.

Of course, the only way to utilize the AVR remote is if you use its headphone jack for the signal. Which is fine – there’s nothing inherently wonderful about optical for this application, other than making everything more difficult and complicated than it needs to be.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks